A Newbie's Tank ... My 1St

Qxnviolet

• SRC Member
Yeah this hobby is like a black-hole ###### all our resources in... but I really can't think of another hobby that offers the same level of satisfaction... come on... a piece of the ocean at home? How many people can actually own that? lol

Wait for my tank to cycle... then we go shopping spree!!! lol

hahah bro, nice way to put that.. i got another way to put it... Liquifying our resources...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahah bro, nice way to put that.. i got another way to put it... Liquifying our resources...

Bro Collin, I've been doing that for the past week or so... liquidifying all my assets for the hobby, lol... bro Qxn... where r u? Come back!!!!! :(

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Done with ur water changing session? How often u change water bro? How much? I am also seriously considering using another brand for sea salt... started my Nano with Tropic Marin, then change to Aqua Medic. Then got 2 more 4kg boxes free from LFS for Perc90. The remaining box is finishing soon... what brand u suggest I go for?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Hrmz, seriously, i don't really know much abotu salts. Maybe you can do a search on the forum, think some time ago there was a thread comparing all the salts. I was using ME all along, but switched to 1 bag of "forgot what brand" salt which costs aroung $28 per bag instaed of the close to $40 a bag of ME salt costs. I don't do any extra parameter tests apart from the basics so i cant really comment on what the differences are too. :unsure: As for water changes i chaneg approx 20L (8%) a week....

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Your tank is looking better everyday... of course the MH helps! I really like the colours... colours... colours... :peace:

Wow I didn't know ur tankset is so nice :bow: Should show more full tank shot... so what's the actual colour of the wall? Peach? :pinch:

Haha, thanks....not everything is totally healthy, im still pretty new to this and just trying my best to enjoy this manificient hobby. :lol:

It is magnificent... no doubt about it... some say... better than S_x... lol!!! :evil: I have to agree to a certain extent! :whistle

• SRC Member
Your tank is looking better everyday... of course the MH helps! I really like the colours... colours... colours... :peace:

LoL....i really love the different colours too, makes a tank more vibrant doesn't it? Does it tempt you to go out there and buy a huge load of corals right NOW? :lol: Im EVIL. Anyway, just kidding...your new tank is very interesting~ :peace:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

LoL....i really love the different colours too, makes a tank more vibrant doesn't it? Does it tempt you to go out there and buy a huge load of corals right NOW? :lol: Im EVIL. Anyway, just kidding...your new tank is very interesting~ :peace:

Nope... I know I will get there eventually, hahaha. So cannot rush lah! Look at my horrible rock scaping... there's so much more to learn :heh: I think we should do more swapping and fragging... so much more fun that way :P

• SRC Member

Nope... I know I will get there eventually, hahaha. So cannot rush lah! Look at my horrible rock scaping... there's so much more to learn :heh: I think we should do more swapping and fragging... so much more fun that way :P

Haha, i dunno how to frag anything now, will try after my wedding when im abit more free. Maybe starting with my zoos.... :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

Oh yeah ur wedding... so sad :cry2: ... u know why? Later u get ur first child... then very predictable lah... in the Pasar Malam section... WTS: 3ft tankset due to family commitments... :cry2:

• SRC Member

Aiyo bro jervismun dun scare him lar... he's just getting started... give him a break first mah :whistle

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

Haha, i dunno how to frag anything now, will try after my wedding when im abit more free. Maybe starting with my zoos.... :)

Zoos are quite easy to frag IMO... A few minutes will do the job... lol...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp