A Newbie's Tank ... My 1St

Qxnviolet

• SRC Member
Have to agree it's very compact and sleek. Love the perforated aluminium feel... nice. Are you happy with the lighting effect? Em... no Atinic?

Yup...pretty happy with the effect so far. The atanics are more purplish than blue....will post up some pics later... :) Cant ask for much with that kind of price range. Its a very sleek piece of equipment i have to agree! You upgraded your T5s?

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree... with that sleek look, I also very tempted to go all T5. Perhaps one day, they come up with T5 that can rival MH watt per watt. Can you control the T5s separately?

Wah... talking about your 6ft already :P Shh... don't mention 6ft and HDB together... they may have spies everywhere ;)

Al least you can fit the 2 together... for me... I will have to look for a new home first... then only can think about a larger tank. Looking at my current study room, if I move things around (and remove some furnitures)... maybe can fit a 5ft tank.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Agree... with that sleek look, I also very tempted to go all T5. Perhaps one day, they come up with T5 that can rival MH watt per watt. Can you control the T5s separately?

Wah... talking about your 6ft already :P Shh... don't mention 6ft and HDB together... they may have spies everywhere ;)

Al least you can fit the 2 together... for me... I will have to look for a new home first... then only can think about a larger tank. Looking at my current study room, if I move things around (and remove some furnitures)... maybe can fit a 5ft tank.

Haha, i intend to get a 5 only...still within limits~ The lighting fixture has 2 switches, 1 for the atanics and 1 for the daylight. Comes with 2 seperate power plugs too so you can connect them to 2 timers....great flexibility!~ :) I think T5s are good enough for the time being...afterall, theres a reefer that keeps SPS thriving under T5s in this forum...

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

1/5 of the price?!? Wow... I must say very worth it leh!!! Looks like a female of the Maldives... if they are to swim together... can look like a stunning pair :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Em... the tank looks a bit dark on the back (the 4th Actinic tube). Maybe you wanna try move it to 3rd row to get a more evenly distributed lighting. Or you can't coz controlled by the power plugs. I must say that the lighting looks picture perfect to me :D

Your new green Alveopora has not open? Do post a pix of it open big-big... must be very impressive :)

• SRC Member
Haha....sounds tempting....will have to see how much i can afford to pump into a new tank after my wedding then. Think of it also excited. :)

I think we are in the same shoe! Saving for my wedding as I spend 2 much for my hse reno and stuffs! :(

Oh everybody is getting married... is this a good year to tie the knots? :rolleyes: If yes, I better start planning... still hv 7 months to go...

• SRC Member

Hrmz, im in debt and i have not even paid off everything for my wedding yet. But well, its a once in a lifetime thing yeah? Thats what the ladies always say....i kind of agree partly. When will your wedding be? Mine's coming in 3 weeks~ :)

Oh, i got the leopard warsse to feed on LBS!~ Hope it gets more daring and start to come to the top of the tank for food as time goes by... :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

• SRC Member
Oh everybody is getting married... is this a good year to tie the knots? :rolleyes: If yes, I better start planning... still hv 7 months to go...

Haha, yours will be in 7 mths time? You really should start looking for a location for your wedding banquet if you intend to hold one. Some people book a year in advance. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

I should start looking for a new partner!!! lol :fear::ph34r::fear:

• SRC Member
Nice leopard wrasse.

Mine commit suicide after a day I introduce in the main tank...

Will try again and hopefully it will not kamikaze!!!

Oh sheesh, thats bad....hope mine doesn't do that. Which one did you have? The Phillipine or Maldives one? Comparing them side by side, the Phillipines one looks abit nicer in some way to me. Pretty comparable to the Maldives version and not to forget, costing about 1/5 of the Maldive's version price.... :) But they do look nice together....hope they'll last in my tank. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

• SRC Member

Mine is the Indian Ocean wrasse...........

Next time have to buy bigger wrasse since my six-line, brazilian line wrasse and 2

dotty back are enormous compare to standard size.

Maybe mine was due to stress and freightened of the bigger wrasse.