A Newbie's Tank ... My 1St

Qxnviolet

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Wah...had a near-miss encounter today. Was adjusting some corals in my tank....in my mind something didn't felt right, didn't bother about it and went on cleaning and re-arranging the corals abit. After an hour, i happened to glanced at my chiller...it wasn't running!!!! :ooh: Diedie, managed to trace the fault to a loose power socket and immediately adjusted it. Temperature was at 31 degrees, no wonder the water didn't seem cold when i put my arms in. Lucky for me, i was around at home....who knows what will happen if i came back late. ZzZZzzZzzZz. Lucky break for me... :) But today's toto never win... :snore: LoL...

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Trying out this beauty. Got it cheap.... :)

Wow! That's a Tricolor right? :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I guess so....luckily i managed to spot it in time...otherwise.... :pinch: Got it from T95.

Last pic of the day....

Hehe... a nice piece of Elegance. Since ur colouration is different from my piece, we must keep both of them alive... then we can look at each others beautiful colours!!! I love the green btw... my purple tentacles don't fluorence <_<

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro... how's things? How's your Yumas doing?

• SRC Member
Bro any full tank pics ? U thread beary long for me to search and find the full tank pic :unsure:

Will try and post 1 up later, anyway.....might be giving up the hobby at the moment. Think im spending too much time and money on it. Maybe i'll start with my corals....frequent visitors of my thread will have priority if i decide to let go anything. :) Maybe i'll start a 2 nano just for my boxfishes....cant bear to let them go. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member

aiyo .. bro QX .. its dat serious ah ? ur thinking giving up ? why not just lay low on buying ... if not no exciting posts from u liao ... on the other note .. if that decision comes thru... i wanna "chop" your hammers, suns and zoos. hahahahaha :evil:

anyway .. think abt it carefully... :ph34r: *ahem* *ahem* :fear: time for my cliche line... <<nothing is impossible>> :peace::lol:

Think properly bro... em... I don't mean to be a vulture here, but if you really wanna give up, I am interested in a lot of your corals :)

GBTA

Zoos

Frogspawn

Bubble

... even ur Fromia Star!

• SRC Member

Bro Qxn, tot u just received some hongbao B)

Don't give up LOL... USA trip can paid via installment Ma.

Like me, you can stop visiting LPS to avoid more spendings on new coral & LS.

P/S: But if you did, we bros will always be there to support adopting your stuff; esp. Jervis (wow... he even faster than me) :lol:

giving up,,,, your tank is gorgeous... really pity as i have been following your thread all this while, well, that your decision... with committment like family, wife, children, work etc, me sometime also think of giving up too. Final decision is on you, and definitely will miss a tank like yrs.

It's quite hard to describe the feeling lor... a couple of days ago, you were so happy and "on" with all the new photography style and even some new LS... I guess life has changed for you and once you are at that stage, hobby becomes secondary... more things in life to look after besides some fishes and corals...

But bro, I'm sure you will return... hehe... you will... Maybe the next time can take the opportunity to upgrade to a 5ft tank or something :)

You remember I joked about u giving up after your "big day"... em... life is so predictable isn't it?

LoL....ah well, i might be keeping a small tank as i mentioned for my wife's boxfishes. Just a small 1 that requires minimal maintenance. Hehe, who knows 1 day i might be back....must save up 1st. :)

You will be back!!! I keep telling myself... If I ever feel like giving up, I will clean all my equipments, keep all my equipments inside my empty tank, wrap it with a white cloth... coz six months down the road... the hand will itch again :)

How small a Nano u r planning to get? IMO, 12g is too small. With a 24g, you can still go out and look for corals when the urge is too strong :)