A Newbie's Tank ... My 1St

Qxnviolet

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

think I've said it before... its unbelieveable to use only a cannister and a prizm skimmer and without a sump for ur tank... truly an inspiration :lol:

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• SRC Member

Nice gentle sloping tank ! You might want to consider stocking up more slowly....good for your wallet and overall longevity of the stocks.

A good balanced tank.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
Simple Kalk dripper....anyone drips Kalkwasser at night? I need some advice on what time to start and stop dripping and the recommanded driprate....thanks in adv!~ :)

I did a similar DIY dripper for Kalk too.

A drip throughout the day though, roughly abt 1 drop every 2-3seconds is enuff for LPS la.

Some people i know drip only at night when the lights are off. many different ways to go ard doing it. ;)

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member

Ur tank is looking great. I've taken an interest in royal gamma recently.

Can check with U :

How is its char ? (shy, extro, bully, ect.....)

Does it co-exist well ?

Fussy in food ?

U have quite a variety of tubies as well ah.

Also Q. regarding the tube worms :

Any tank mates picking/ pecking on them ?

(i've seen my cleaner ripping the other casing b4)

Are caring for coco worms the same as tube worms?

Pai se ask so much.

Ps : I see your sea fan, I lau cui nua ..... :paiseh:

I only seen this colour once & condition not too gd

so i never buy. :(

• SRC Member

dkk08...thanks for your compliments....my tank isnt really that great compared with all the seniors out there, still got much to learn.

godzilla...im using a RENA cannister filter, if you are referring to the piece of hang on equipment at the left hand side of the tank, thats my prizm skimmer. Hope to upgrade it to a deltec soon.. :)

Melvyn...roger that....will take note. Thanks for passing by@~

Travy, thanks for the reply to my kalk dripping question....i'll try to do it constantly...sometimes lazy... :paiseh:

Maxstar, mine is a brazillian gramma...according to many reefers, a RG looks nicer. Its a very cute fish with lots of character....never seen it harass any other fishes. Hrmz, tubes and cocos are about the same to me, don't require any special care. My butterfly fish did peck on the tubes before and i think it killed one. Stop keeping butterflies since then. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Qxnviolet... I'm gonna get a RG once my tank is ready! I like the colour combi.

Is the sun coral (the yellow orange one) hard to keep? I heard they only open nicely when the light is not too strong. Is it true?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Qxnviolet... I'm gonna get a RG once my tank is ready! I like the colour combi.

Is the sun coral (the yellow orange one) hard to keep? I heard they only open nicely when the light is not too strong. Is it true?

Nah, they are not hard.....not compulsory to target feed them too....will only do it if i have the time..

Heard they won't open when the light is too strong, but i do not have strong lights so its ok. Since you are using MH, i guess an area with abit of shade will be good if you decide to get them. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

I will definitely get one of them (when my tank is ready)... the colour is so sunny and bright! Surely brightens my tank overall colouration. Nice choice of corals you have there :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

i tried, it just swells up mighty big, but dun wan open. think its locked. cos i got yellow suns, and they open up like every 2 hours and refuse to close... when i feed brine they also open, its just the red suns la.. headache....