6 Gallon T4 Lightset

chrisyew

• SRC Member
chris...remarkable work dude..did you notice the temperature changes as compared to PLs's? i'm using 2x11W PL's for my five plan of that size.....wondering if it's possible to fit 4 tubes of T4.

I didn't use PL tube as most are T8 in size. Sorri didn't compare the temp.

Should be able to based on my dimension but a bit squeezed when trying to remove or replace the tube. As the tank is not that deep, so I decide to use 3 tubes which is 3X8W - 24W.

• SRC Member
ah i see...3 tubes also better i guess...better spread of light...perhaps there'll be more follow up posting maybe concerning other factors and pros and cons? great work there man seriously

I think most lighting concern is the depth of the water; that is what the light can effectively reach the bottom. I'm really not sure of the color temp. of both the white and blue tube.

Most use actinic blue probably it's bandwidth can effectively reach the deepest and some said that certain coral preferred that bandwidth for photosynthesis; not so sure about the second part.

Personally I think if the tank is not too deep and the light can penetrate to the bottom, I think the blue is ok too. Let me run for a few months to see any bad effect of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Here is a comparison of the 533mm T4 (20W)blue tube I used (the bottom one in photo) and the 2ft T5 tube from Aqua Lux (stated as Actinic 24W) for my 2ft tank. The top one Aqua Lux seem more like Indigo than blue;

The blue tube for the shorter 343mm tube is the same as the 533mm one.

post-9-1139886509.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Here is a comparison of the 533mm T4 (20W)blue tube I used (the bottom one in photo) and the 2ft T5 tube from Aqua Lux (stated as Actinic 24W) for my 2ft tank. The top one Aqua Lux seem more like Indigo than blue;

The blue tube for the shorter 343mm tube is the same as the 533mm one.

hi bro..

the solite set from AM comes with the exact same aqualux T5 actinic light, the indigo one.

so which one is really the correct actinic colour? indigo? or bluish?

any idea?

im tinking of changing the indigo one to aquaz blue pro :P

• SRC Member

hi bro..

the solite set from AM comes with the exact same aqualux T5 actinic light, the indigo one.

so which one is really the correct actinic colour? indigo? or bluish?

any idea?

im tinking of changing the indigo one to aquaz blue pro :P

Frankly if you ask me, I prefer the real blue one and not indigo one and with the word 'actinic'.