My small 2 feet tank

ong2ah

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

My new Galaxy coral... 2 weeks old in my tank...

after doing a search in the forum, noticed that not many reefers are keeping

in fact, not many LFS carry them also...

And to the left of the galaxy, is my dead and gone moon coral... my tank juz

can not substain any type of brain corals... guess phosphate still on high side...

Can tell... cos my abalone getting bigger and fatter :lol:

post-34-1153210500.jpg

• SRC Member

My latest tank photo... hope can maintain it in this status... as i am going to be

very busy soon... when reefer goes busy... tank goes :(

unless yr tank is well taken care by Top Notch Equipment... :angel:

bro jervis, k borrow your AQUAT**** :evil:

post-34-1153211061.jpg

• SRC Member
Hi Ong,

So your 2ft tank is running on 2 x 24W T5 tubes onli? Is it enough? Both 10000K tubes?

Bro, i only use two tubes Solite lightset.. using ATI T5 HO lights... To be frank.. if can, one should use 4 light tubes lightset... But cos of budget and not using chiller, i settle for 2 tubes lightset...much more economical... :)

• SRC Member

Bro, i only use two tubes Solite lightset.. using ATI T5 HO lights... To be frank.. if can, one should use 4 light tubes lightset... But cos of budget and not using chiller, i settle for 2 tubes lightset...much more economical... :)

So are both white tubes or 1 blue / 1 white?

My latest tank photo... hope can maintain it in this status... as i am going to be

very busy soon... when reefer goes busy... tank goes :(

unless yr tank is well taken care by Top Notch Equipment... :angel:

bro jervis, k borrow your AQUAT**** :evil:

You are so right about the close relationship between REEFER BUSY and TANK CONDITION... but even with Aquatronica, you cannot let the tank run by itself hor... in fact... it's better not to have Aquatronica if you are busy... coz this little guy will keep on giving you accurate information about your tank... even records how your tank deteriorates... so for a lot of us... it's better not knowing it if we ain't got the time to fix it ;)

As for Top Notch equipments... yes that will help. And most visibly is a GREAT protein skimmer... how long will you be busy? Perhaps you wanna consider selling off some of your corals to lighten the load a little... and don't overfeed :)

Are you using any phosphate remover? How come phosphate can be high for such small water volume? Should be quite easily fixed :nc:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

You are so right about the close relationship between REEFER BUSY and TANK CONDITION... but even with Aquatronica, you cannot let the tank run by itself hor... in fact... it's better not to have Aquatronica if you are busy... coz this little guy will keep on giving you accurate information about your tank... even records how your tank deteriorates... so for a lot of us... it's better not knowing it if we ain't got the time to fix it ;)

As for Top Notch equipments... yes that will help. And most visibly is a GREAT protein skimmer... how long will you be busy? Perhaps you wanna consider selling off some of your corals to lighten the load a little... and don't overfeed :)

Are you using any phosphate remover? How come phosphate can be high for such small water volume? Should be quite easily fixed :nc:

Bro, i am using a FR (Bio Ocean brand)... working great... using Rowa-Phos as media... :D I guess my top rock piece (lying horizontal) is too high up the tank, getting direct exposure to the light...so algae tend to thrive ...which is very gd news for my bigger and getting fatter abalone.... :ph34r:

And i can not deny that i was guilty of overfeeding... My yellow tilefish and Blue tang eat so much... not to mention anthia.. which need to be fed often..so juz a couple of weeks back, i let go of my cardinal fish ...cos its the easiest to catch :evil:

And my Macro AS-100 is definitely overworked and undersized skimmer for my tank... but pocket shallow shallow... so got to make do loh... :(

Regarding abt yr sentence "how long will you be busy? Perhaps you wanna consider selling off some of your corals to lighten the load a little." ... u interested in getting my not so nice corals? :huh: I may be letting go some/all in november as i will be away for abt 1 mth to serve the nation (ICT)

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Sad day.. my zebra goby juz commit suicide yest late morn... haiz.. :cry:

Being with me almost 2 years...got it so fat and long... guess must be my fault as i added in 2 true percula clownfishes at that time... must have got scared and jump out....

Btw, i got 2 true percula clownfishes as a pair... they are 2gether in the LFS... but after coming to my tank...being fighting a bit...HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE ?? :(

one now left only 30 to 40% chance of survival... developing white film... now caging him up in a holding container... hope it can survive... :bow::bow: