My 1 footer...

Darryl85

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

fellow reefers, please give comments.......

currently feeding them frozen brine shrimps( half cube in the morning n 1 cube at night)

n 1 cap-full of live plankton a day... ;)

going to invest on Additives soon(aiming for Reef Complete n Trace Element).....

so fellow reefer please advice...... :(

investing in a new skimmer too, too better reduce my bio-load..... :(

• SRC Member

I agree to wat u say too.....but only if i don hav a Blue Devil Damsel......

Coz it is my Blue Devil Damsel tat really rules the tank.....

Abt it bullying my lifestock, erm.....only wen the weaker ones swim close to the area it live in, which is jus behind my Zoos.....

beside any comments or advices for my tank ??? ;)

really need them to improve my tank.....

post-69-1140100085.jpg

• SRC Member

Oh, bro hondaker... erm..... i hav7 fishes in my tank now.......

currently i m not lying, nope of them i bought died.....

i make i hav enough place for them to hide, i mean holes in the rock n even cave for them to swim freely...tats y i hav specific aims wen i bought the liverocks...

if u took notice of my thread, i hav actually 2 different scrape...

found out after the last scape, the fighting in my tank is lesser greatly... :lol:

• SRC Member
Oh, bro hondaker... erm..... i hav7 fishes in my tank now.......

currently i m not lying, nope of them i bought died.....

i make i hav enough place for them to hide, i mean holes in the rock n even cave for them to swim freely...tats y i hav specific aims wen i bought the liverocks...

if u took notice of my thread, i hav actually 2 different scrape...

found out after the last scape, the fighting in my tank is lesser greatly... :lol:

Erm, i think hes referring more to your high bioload. Well, just try do frequent water changes, it'll help bring down the nitrate level. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member

hi there bro daryl85!

theres your jack russell! nice! too bad shes a female like mine too. hahha:P

i kinda agree with the other bros that the amount of fishes you have in your tank might be too high, and that it might not be sustainable long term, but i guess with your set up, it should be rather easy to upgrade to a two feet tank in time or even larger. and i understand too that when youre just starting out the hobby, you might start small and with a simple set up to see how it goes before investing more. Do take note that though the fishes may tolerate each other for a period of time, the long term inclination will still inevitably be towards territorial dominance, especially for fish like your blue devil damsel, so they may selectively over time bully each other till one's health deteriorates. all that said though, i think youve made pretty good fish choices, in that they are remain pretty small over time, and are suitable for nanos, which isnt the case if you bought a tang that'll grow twice the size of your tank in time.

i think the primary concern is just that if you have a high bioload, more often than not, your water quality will degrade quickly over time, and nitrates will accumulate due to fish food and wastes degrading, so more water changes and skim, skim, skim ya. try to have good dynamic flow everywhere in your tank too ya as that helps prevent detritus buildup in dead spots where there is little flow, and mixes up the organic wastes so that it may be skimmed by your skimmer, and change the lime wood air stone in the skimmer frequently (fortnightly) if your skimmer uses one ya. it greatly ups the efficiency of the skimmer.

all the best with your tank bro,

ian

• SRC Member

bros, thanks for advices....... :bow:

will take note abt the water change, infact i do 20% water change fortnightly...

as bro Iantoh mention abt changing lime wood air stone, Ya will take ur advice...n b changing it tis weekend..... :P

anyway......anyone my Blue Devil Damsel ???( for free ) :lol:

And talking abt Tangs, no way i m going to buy them... to me they deserve at least a 3 feet to swim in, it will b too cruel of me to buy them......

abt water quality n flow, i did put a submerge pump in my tank for more water flow....(below)

but bros, will adding additives better my water quality???

planning to buy Reef Complete n Trace element.....

any advices ? ? ? :erm:

post-69-1140150264.jpg

• SRC Member

no la....... not angry at all.......

jus wish tat i could wish keep the tank

going as long as possible ma........

but thanks for the ur advices, bro Qxnviolet.....

coz bcoz of wat u say i will put in even more effort to maintain my tank...... ;)

bro Qxnviolet, u mention abt Aquapharm Zoxan Two.....

u have full name of it or even care to show a pic of the bottle ?

coz wat u say sound good, might consider buying it....... :D:peace:

More Tips frm U ??? :lol: (the feeling i hav is tat i m going to leech n suck u dry for all abt the knowledge abt dosing) :yeah: erm......sound quite A.......

• SRC Member

Hi Darryl,

how long has u been keeping this 1-footer already? Do you have a larger tank besides this 1-footer? its way~ too many fishes in a 1footer already. Bio-load too high.

Can show us a pic of how u fix ur skimmer to ur 1-footer?

Em, where's the report u mentioned that Green Chromis Damsels bring fishes together? U have a link to the report?

didn't mean to be funny, but being 7 fishes in a 1-footer, its very hard not to be together. the green chromis anyhow swim also can meet up with another fish. Taking picture with a camera of ur tank can easily caught 2-3 fishes in 1 picture. hehe

dancing_girl2.gifSpirit.gif

• SRC Member

Wow....... Your stuff really sounds good........though i look very small a bottle......... :lol:

Haha...... My success rate tat i rate myself is not tat bad la........

Have started reefing back 2 years ago..... But sadly, due to one stupid mistake most make......... i bought a Anemone n it dies as it choke my pump, then everything dies later........ so sad.......it was my first setup n run it for 4 months n things happen........

So now regained my confident n back to reefing again......

Now focusing on tis 1 feet then transfer everything to my 2 feey

once everything is ready........ :D

So mus support me n give me lots of tips ok...... ;)

• SRC Member

http://store.yahoo.com/marinedepotlive/gre...h--damsels.html

bro Elune, tis is the link which mention it..... i not kidding coz not bcoz the tank is small n they happen to b together......

it is always the case that my chromis swim alone at one spot then 1 by 1 fishes will join in to swim together...... :lol:

abt the skimmer it is really those very cheapo n common one la....... :lol:

• SRC Member
Hi Darryl,

how long has u been keeping this 1-footer already? Do you have a larger tank besides this 1-footer? its way~ too many fishes in a 1footer already. Bio-load too high.

Can show us a pic of how u fix ur skimmer to ur 1-footer?

Em, where's the report u mentioned that Green Chromis Damsels bring fishes together? U have a link to the report?

didn't mean to be funny, but being 7 fishes in a 1-footer, its very hard not to be together. the green chromis anyhow swim also can meet up with another fish. Taking picture with a camera of ur tank can easily caught 2-3 fishes in 1 picture. hehe

I ever read somewhere that chromis are good fishes to bring out those shy ones and even reduce the agression among fishes. Well, i had a few chromis and it didnt work....hehe :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member

ah, i read up the link bro Darryl85 mentioned at marinedepot on the characteristics of Chromis. interesting; i might wanna keep a few when my tank is up. :lol:

original msg from Elune:

bro Elune, u got ticklish humor as usual~ kept teasing ppl; me newbie u also never let me off. :pinch::pinch:

btw, thanks for the Lor Halus trip, dinner, n sending me home. That place so far in + no bus. Next time u go, remember to bring me along k? :paiseh:

Nice car u got there, wats its called again? raf four? :blink:

• SRC Member
bro Elune, u got ticklish humor as usual~ kept teasing ppl; me newbie u also never let me off. :pinch::pinch:

btw, thanks for the Lor Halus trip, dinner, n sending me home. That place so far in + no bus. Next time u go, remember to bring me along k? :paiseh:

Nice car u got there, wats its called again? raf four? :blink:

:eyebrow::whistle

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond