Queen Angel

• SRC Member

Hi Guys!

I have friend who has tried 3 times this fish without success.

As it is a really expensive fish, it is heartbreak to hear his queen has gone up lorry again!

the last one lasted only 1 week.

Anyone who has success story with this fish? can provide tips how to choose or keep them?

thanks in advance!

• SRC Member

not sure abt his water condition. but anyway there are 6 other angels living happily in his tank for abt a year already. so water condition is not a issue.

we are now wondering whether is there any success reefer who has kept this fish for half a year? :)

• SRC Member
Just wondering - what's the average price of a Queen Angel? Hardly ever see them around the LFSes..  :rolleyes:

You must be kidding, right? Where have you been? I lost touch for 2 months I also know these. No hard feeling :D

SL currently still have some. The last I remember Reborn, Iwarna, LCK110, CF, J&J Marine, PR etc all have import the Queen angel

Price range

Low of () to high of !@). So far haven't got the chance to grad the () before but I got the !)) once.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

queen angel price from 3-4 inch $150, 5-6inches $200-250.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• SRC Member

Select queen above 3". When selecting them, a good and stable queen should be very curious when people approch them. They will not hide or ignore you, they will initially swim towards the front of the tank and turn their tail and sweep against the glass. SL had a few behaving like this. It is better to leave Queen alone by itself maybe in your sump with sufficent space or a quarantine tank first, introduce lettuce first, then slowly with mysis and brine shrimp. Try your own food, mysis shrimp, sea veggie , vitamin and gralic mixed them and frozen it. Feed them 3-4 times aday with min amount. It do best in a low nitrate enviroment. They consist 90%sponge in their tummy, sub sea veggie and kelp or lettuce as their main diet. And lastly they are very prone to lymphocystis( stressful). No medication can help leave them alone once they are stable it will automatic gone. I had one for 2 years,before. Current 1 bought from SL last week doing well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• SRC Member