Jervis' Nano Cube

jervismun

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are so nice and encouraging... trying to rip my tank apart :pinch:

You guys are sending the wrong info out to the newbies reading this thread... sunburst eating clams and so on...

Ok guys... let me announce my new tank tonight... after I confirm with the LFS. Guess what? 2ft or 3ft or 4ft?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Thanks guys for all the beautiful suggestions... I've made up my mind... in fact tank delivery next Tuesday :yeah:

Aqua Medic Percula 90

I didn't take the entire set though as the price is a bit steep and I find the lighting not to my liking... will probably source for a more suitable MH lighting.

post-34-1143717619.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

With sump or without sump... lol...

The Percula 90 comes with a built-in system... Berlin style... very efficient and no fuss. Go to their website to check it out. You can download the manual too... cool 3D drawings :upsidedown:

Internal Overflow System?

I dun really trust that... They wun provide enough filtration for the tank... lol...

Hehe I still have my Reefpack 500 remember? I think it should be alright... Aqua Medic product can be trusted lah... the entire tank + cabinet made in Germany.

Hrmz, i guess it should be alright....at least better than mine...no overflow. :lol: Is the overflow compartment at the back? The set comes with a return pump?

Yes the system is at the back (around 6 inches thick)... go download their manual, u will have a clearer picture. Also comes with a powerful AM Skimmer. I am avoiding overflow... too troublesome... yes they do have extra large tanks, with sump too. I think I heard the LFS saying... "if you don't like the cabinet, can custom your own stand too"... but sorta defeat the purpose of the Percula I think.

Although I am so taken away with this new tank... I will still keep my old tank in perfect condition... talking of which it's time to do some water change :P Changed to Aqua Medic Reef Salt and bought DT Phytoplankton to feed my corals tonight.

Die hard supporter of AM... lol...

Correction... Tunze and Aqua Medic :angel:

bro.. what the price you paying for ? mind telling everybody cause interested to know.

Nolah dun wanna make it too public.. "sekali" I "kena" chopped... PMed u :paiseh:

come with needlewheel powered by PH2000. a bit like my biostar flotor . same pump

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

anyway aquamedic is really a great brand to trust IMO.

good choice

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

come with needlewheel powered by PH2000. a bit like my biostar flotor . same pump

Yupe a highly effective skimmer at the back compartment (flushed, so can't really see from outside, very neat)... have not purchase it... broke already... prob let the tank cycle without skimmer for a while. Oh wait... I still have my old Dymax needle wheel skimmer... hehe. Will get the AM skimmer next month.

After water change (15%)... everything seems happy including my SUN!!!

post-34-1143725962.jpg

check out this brand of skimmers. In my opinion they are absolutly the best on the market today. http://english.royal-exclusiv.de/Royal-Exc...anufacturer.htm

Thanks for the link bro... I can't use other skimmer coz the Percula tank is specially designed with a compartment fit for that AM Percula skimmer. The water level and control is perfectly designed for the skimmer... so no point considering other brands. The AM Percula skimmer is not too costly actually... just that I am darn broke this month :eyeblur: