Jervis' Nano Cube

jervismun

Welcome with the Percula 90tank

I have one to

here some screen of my. The picture is taken 20060131 and its about 7 month old

20060129.jpg

Your nano is just great!!

Hi Wrang!!! You joined SGReef just to encourage and motivate me? Wow!

I was reading (err... more like looking at the photos as I can't read your language) your thread yesterday too... very inspiring. I will get my Percula 90 this coming Tuesday.... can't wait :yeah:

I downloaded so many of your pictures as reference and here's one of my personal favourite :lol:

post-34-1143826495.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are u residing Wrang? What time is it over there? There's so much to learn from you :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro Teo... bought a 3ft tank. I know I should go bigger... the bigger the better... but I also want it to be manageable. Who knows... a couple of years from now... (as jokingly discussed in previous posts) I might start a 100,000 US gallons fish farm together with some bros. :heh:

Oh dear... spending so much time in Pasar Malam section this morning... stressful! I hope I am portraying a bad image by ripping my old tank apart like some corporate liquidation exercise :pinch:

Just want to pass on some unused items to other reefers that can make good use of them... my cabinet is full of stuff now... perhaps u guys wanna help me clear some :P

Oh someone bought my Tunze Wavemaker... :cry2: Was hoping no one will take it... this hobby is so many ups and downs... just like some soap operas on TV lol :ooh:

The RO/DI 4-stage filter doesn't come with a manual!!! And since I am not a DIY person... better not try to figure out myself. Any bro here can offer help? Anyone tried drinking RO/DI water from these filters??

hey what lighting are u using for ur new tank.

suddenly feel excited all over to see what is coming next .

all the high end state of the art equipment .

:D

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

I have yet to find a suitable lighting... the Aqua Medic ones are too low wattage, single 150W plus 2 x 2ft T5 is way too underpower for a 3ft tank and it costs a bomb too... u guys have any suggestions?

Where are u residing Wrang? What time is it over there? There's so much to learn from you :)

Hello and thanks.

I came from Sweden and the time is 20.25 here

I will start up a own treath so you can se more of my picture and tank setup

Best regards

Hello and thanks.

I came from Sweden and the time is 20.25 here

I will start up a own treath so you can se more of my picture and tank setup

Best regards

Yes... please start a new thread here... we can learn so much from you! Ikea... Volvo... Abba (yes I love Abba!!!) are all so inspiring Swedish creations... welcome to Singapore again!!!

Guys... thanks all for the wonderfully expensive recommendations for lighting... those lightings easily costs $2500 for a 3ft MH and they might not be that easily found here. And to be frank with u guys... I'm running out of budget already, so can't really afford another $2500 for lighting.

However, I came across a SOLITE fixture that really suits me.

I know it's Taiwanese made, blah blah... not very "moi" but hey it's only slightly more than $500 for 3ft.

Here's what I think about this lamp:

1. Offers me 2 x 150W MH so I can have an evenly distributed lighting.

2. Comes with 2 T5 atinic blue 39W

3. Fans on top of fixture (cool!)

4. MH and T5 individually controlled

5. Comes with stand... great... that's what I'm looking for right now... no drilling

6. BLACK!!! The Aqua Medic only comes with Silver... no stock some more :-(

7. Available... 24/7

I've used SOLITE for mroe than a month... and I can't really tell the difference... perhaps the bulb quality which I can upgrade later, once I introduce SPS or something...

What u guys think?... I can always sell it 3 months later if I decide to go for a $2500 fixture :heh:

post-34-1143945359.jpg

Just want to let u guys know... despite all the excitement of a new tank... I am still taking very good care of my NC, definitely no sign of negligence... I'm not that cruel... old or new, still my LS... :lol:

You guys always say I'm RICH... despite all the $$$ dumped in, I am just sacrificing other aspects of my life to fully indulge in this wonderful new found hobby of mine...

Picture perfect! Aqua Medic Anthias swimming towards my lunch... instant noodles... sacrifice? Not at all... anything for my little fishies :lol:

p.s. the noodle is quite good btw... lol

post-34-1143955068.jpg

Edited by jervismun

Surprise!!!

post-34-1143978745.jpg

Bro maybe you can take another shot of your zoos when it opens? ;)

Yes I will... I purposely create a bit of suspense here... hehe maybe not zoos... something a little more exciting perhaps ;)

Haha... not ONE but TWO!!! A pink one and an orange one... since they stay together at the LFS, I've decided to take them both. Who knows... they made cross breed :rolleyes:

post-34-1143983552.jpg

cross breed :fear:

haha..later half pink and half orange :lol:

That's what I'm hoping bro... must be really exciting! Free 50/50 skunks for all bros!!! lol

See, they stay together most of the time and already eating like... err... skunks! :eyebrow:

post-34-1143983825.jpg

Hehe... presenting... the first (hopefully not the only) polyp!!!

post-34-1143985896.jpg