Setting up a tank

I have completely lost touch with the marine hobby for 3 years. Recently came to this forum and i am very surprised to find so many interesting DIY equipments which i can only dream of when i was still studying. I amm thinking of setting up a new tank now.

Can someone help me by providing me the cost of some equipments i would like to have?

The tank would be 4X4X2

The equipments are:

1) Tubby auto top-up

2) Kalk reactor

3) Calcium reactor

4) Phosphate reactor?

5) Beckett skimmer

6) Chiller

7) Metal halide setup

8) Tunze stream with multicontroller

Hope can get the prices so that i can work out my budget.

Thanks everyone for your replies in advance. :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Got a feeling it will exceed 2K for sure... unless you go everything "China". Your 4ft MH alone will cost you significantly and the chiller. Another way is to go to Pasar Malam section and snatch yourself some good deals. You can send your list to any of SGReef's sponsor and let them fax/email you a quotation. I'm sure they will be more than happy to assist you... eyes showing $$$ signs, lol.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Oh yeah I missed the Tunze Stream with Multicontroller. You need at least 2 streams for your tank size. So that system alone costs you more than 1.2k! lol

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

your dreams can come true....... theres a card that you can give to the cashier and they will either ask you for your pin number or your autograph. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Make sure that card doesn't feature the head of a centurion or the will not accept it... my card got rejected all the time, lol.

Good luck Cheng... I think you need to allocate at least 6K to be on the safe side and that's a lot of money... wanna consider a smaller tank? It will save tremendously in a lot of areas.