My DIY Pico

bezz

I will be upgrading the tank with 2 more tubes of 1ft T5 8W white lights to balance of the blue. So total lights will be 32W.

Will also be tidying up the wires and figuring out how to get my Iceprobe into the tank to control the temp which is at about 30C.

Its an ongoing process, and its gonna be slow as I have long work hours... But i will update as and when I can. I will also be looking to add some LS in a week or 2.

Will also be adding a simple DIY skimmer and an inbuilt auto drip topup for this pico.

In addition I'll be working on a 2ft tank at the same time.

Thought of doing a 1.5ft but since T5 HO only comes in 2ft or more, so I've decided to make it 2ft, unless I manage to get a cheap MH setup to play around with :)

Nice pico bro... I hope I can do that kinda DIY B)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

T5 8W is a NO tube ya ? nice DIY , if the teeth of the overflow is neatly cut , it will be perfect .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Hi bro

No update for a week? Show us some updates la :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Wow that's a cool looking piece of equipment... :D

• 2 weeks later...

My DIY nano chiller didn't quite have enough power to cool the tank so I hook up my Iceprobe in a container and tested it.

image09.jpg

Tests looks promising as the temp on the test tank is constant at about 25C. I will be shifting this to my Pico in the next few days when I have time.

interesting and efficient . but isnt it a bit messy .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
My DIY nano chiller didn't quite have enough power to cool the tank so I hook up my Iceprobe in a container and tested it.

image09.jpg

Tests looks promising as the temp on the test tank is constant at about 25C. I will be shifting this to my Pico in the next few days when I have time.

Interesting must really try this out myself.

• SRC Member

BTW can you PM the exact shop where you purchase the TEM part? I hope not to walk round and round in Sim Lim Tower looking for it. (Because I have some problems with my knees now - still going for medical therapy). Thanks. Pls PM Me.

interesting and efficient . but isnt it a bit messy .

Yeah, that's what I thought...

Can't see it anyway when I place it at back of tank. But I have come up with another design using a HOB filter, but using HOB requires me to cut a large portion of the back of the tank...which I am not very happy about so...

We'll see..

In the meantime, I added Seachem Seagel and Matrix to my tank. Now cycling about 6 weeks already :)

BTW can you PM the exact shop where you purchase the TEM part? I hope not to walk round and round in Sim Lim Tower looking for it. (Because I have some problems with my knees now - still going for medical therapy). Thanks. Pls PM Me.

I didn't buy the TEM from SLT. I got it off ebay long ago for my CPU overclocking :D

Iceprobe bought from US.