MH power trip

leochngyh

Just my whole house power trip, switch on/off all found that caused by my Weipro MH. What can cause it??? I set the time to turn on at 3pm but it trip at 3:30pm... and measure all, Life to Ground, Neutral to Gound, Life to Neutral... all not short now. Need sifus' advice.

How long my coral can tahan without MH? Coral list: Mushroom and starburst

• SRC Member

It could be the brand...

did u mentioned Weipro?

Is Weipro = Made In Tiong Kok? :ph34r: j/k

Well, since u mentioned that u have already checked all the Groundings / Neutral etc... of the MH... could it be that you're drawing too much electricity with your equipment from a single power source? and switching on the MH causes the power to surge too much?

Its not advisable to be connecting numerous high wattage equipment via multi-plugs from a single power-point. U might wanna look into this aspect. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps.

Also, the power trip could be from your other equipments also. Do check on them as well. I suspect its really grounding issues cuz the trip box do not trip for no reason.

Btw, not mentionng sunburst, but you dun need MH to keep mushroom. Normal PL or T5 would suffice.

dancing_girl2.gifSpirit.gif

troubleshoot yesterday night, dismantle whole thing... check all connection with multimeter again, all found OK.

But in my mind, power trip sure is due to something short circuit. Recheck all, found the wire to the ballast has a tiny opening un the wire insulator, dont know is it the caused but still cut it and re-trim and put back into ballast. Then later when install back only know the wire was cut by the MH reflactor and causing intermitant short..... Finally, Solved.