Monki's Nano Cube

monki

• SRC Member

I noticed that my clown fish do not like eating mysis shrimp. They tend to spit it out. But if brine shrimp, they eat happily. Is this normal or is it my fish only?

Correct me if i am wrong but brine shrimp has limited nutrients so we do need to alternate between mysis for a more balanced diet, is this so?

:thanks: in advance

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

i recently mixed mysis with brine ... the same goes for me ... my clownfish prefers brine. i remember reading somewhere in some thread tt they dont like to swallow anything too big ... and since mysis is bigger than brine ... i guess mebbe thats it ... :lol: i dunno about brine being not nutritious leh .. on the package it says vitamin enriched and all tt ... however i know that occasionally changing the menu is good for them ... like chopped sotong, prawn or even mussels .. hope this helps ... cheers !

Bro any tank updates? Can't wait to see Nemo swimming in your tank :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Ok sista... Nemo nemo nemo :snore::heh::unsure::rolleyes::D:yeah:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Not advisable to have anemone in ur tank leh. Lighting not strong enuff and then always move ard.

I plan to change lighting soon cos now no blue light. The current white light is PL at 6500K. If i change to T4 dunno if can?

So far my anemone is doing fine. It has wedge itself between two rocks so it is not moving about but sometimes it can expand to 3 times its orginal size. Dunno if this is normal?

Anyway since i already buy i will continue keeping loh and my 2 clown fish seems to like it a lot. I will monitor it closely as i so afraid it will 'die and melt' and stinks my whole tank. Haha.

Update us with pix la... wanna see the giant (3 times its original size) in your tank... with Nemos swimming around and inside it :heh: Sounds like a perfect setting.

• SRC Member

Very nice simple tank ;) Keep the updates coming :P

Love that big pc of star polyps... how big izzit? I'm looking for big big pieces :lol:

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

Nice anemone... and congratz! You are very lucky to have ur Nemo hosting the anemone... missing shrimp in your small tank? emm... something fishy is happening... and the Chaeto in betta box is so familiar, lol... almost classic! :D

• SRC Member
Very nice simple tank ;) Keep the updates coming :P

Love that big pc of star polyps... how big izzit? I'm looking for big big pieces :lol:

Thanks, dkk08.

The Star Polyps is ard 5 by 6 inch. (one short ruler)

How big u wan?

• SRC Member
Nice anemone... and congratz! You are very lucky to have ur Nemo hosting the anemone... missing shrimp in your small tank? emm... something fishy is happening... and the Chaeto in betta box is so familiar, lol... almost classic! :D

Yup luckily my clown fish like their home. However realised most of the

time, only 1 is inside, the other seldom went in.

I gave up hope seeing the shrimp again. Probably dead somewhere.

Btw that stuff in the beta box is not chaeto. It called Ulva if i am not

wrong and its taken from beach.

Yup luckily my clown fish like their home. However realised most of the

time, only 1 is inside, the other seldom went in.

I gave up hope seeing the shrimp again. Probably dead somewhere.

Btw that stuff in the beta box is not chaeto. It called Ulva if i am not

wrong and its taken from beach.

Which part of Singapore offers such good picks? Actually would love to setup a "Truly Singapore" pico tank... everything from the beach :lol: Anyone done that already? Can link?

• SRC Member
Which part of Singapore offers such good picks? Actually would love to setup a "Truly Singapore" pico tank... everything from the beach :lol: Anyone done that already? Can link?

Its from Pasir Ris beach. ;)

So far i dun know of any 'Everything from Beach' tank. Think most

probably whatever we can get from beach would be too dull and common.

Furthermore difficult to catch a variety of stuff.

• SRC Member

jervismun,

"Truly Singapore" pico tank

Been there done that. :lol:

Can tell U that it is very cool but the colours will be sorely lacking.

Refer to my main tank thread front pages for more pics.

Monki .....

So far i dun know of any 'Everything from Beach' tank.

I thought U should know better .... :snore:

Dissapointing ....

• SRC Member
jervismun,

Been there done that. :lol:

Can tell U that it is very cool but the colours will be sorely lacking.

Refer to my main tank thread front pages for more pics.

Monki .....

I thought U should know better .... :snore:

Dissapointing ....

Hey Maxstar,

I know you started out all marine from beach. But not totally mah, so it is not 'Truly Singapore'. What about LR and turtle weed? Unless if you count right at

the beginning then ok i give you credit for that. :bow:

:peace: Peace, no hard feelings ah.

• SRC Member
hey.

maybe u can change your light to a 100k 50/50 PL tube.

means half blue half white.

Yup me going to do that. Tomorrow will go buy. My mushroom, anemone and star polyph definitely need the blue light.

• SRC Member
100K lights arh. hmm. must tell me where to get that strong PL lights...

Went Pasir Ris Farmway and gotten a fan worm and blue / white PL lights. No its not 100K. Dont think have such high ones.

Anyway after change of lighting...

1) My mushroom got its green colour back.

2) My anemone also looks green now and it has since regained

some bubbly. (previously losing it bubbliness)

3) My star polyps also opened 100% (previously 80% max)

Overall my tank look so much nicer. Oh and also have 30 blue LED light.

:D:):lol:

Pix to share?