Monki's Nano Cube

monki

Yours is a Yellow Goby, some called it Lemon Goby...

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...pcatid=1441&N=0

... u really have a taste for gobies... remember to always keep ur lid closed as gobies are good jumpers... :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Yours is a Yellow Goby, some called it Lemon Goby...

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...pcatid=1441&N=0

... u really have a taste for gobies... remember to always keep ur lid closed as gobies are good jumpers... :D

Thanks Jervismun for all your links.

Yes my tank lid is always kept close except feeding time! which is about soon.

• SRC Member

My anemone had shifted itself out of its usual hole and migrate to the left side of tank.

So now here in full view is the first hitch hiker - the crab!

Rarely can see it in such a full view, usually only can see its black claw

post-34-1144597052.jpg

Kill :evil: Kill :evil: Kill :evil:

Since u know where it's hiding... easy to catch. Get one of those cockroach trap, put some food inside... the crab will crawl in just like a croach, lol.

I worry for your Yellow Clown Goby coz they are about bite-size for that crab :angry:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Wow, I like the firey orange color of that sun frag. Hope it blooms for you soon!

Jes : Cute little yellow clown gobies you have there! I only have one. (if only there're blue clown gobies and red clown gobies of the small size... xD )

dancing_girl2.gifSpirit.gif

• SRC Member

Elune,

The green clown with red cheek stripes can turn blue.

Usually green but when shock or surprise it turns blue.

I tot my eyes play tricks but it really did change colour.

I have 2 but short lived due to competition with other

faster eaters.

• SRC Member

Bro Jervismun and KennethK,

Ok will catch the crab soon cos it is indeed getting bigger and posing a bigger treat.

Bro Hondaker and Elune,

My 2 small tiny sun had opened. Me also surprised so fast they opened.

Pix :P The crab... "hentam" until paper thin ok? :heh:

• SRC Member

Thats it!

This weekend I'm gonna go get a green clown goby. I'll make sure it stays blue 24 hrs ... muahahaha (wah liew~ u guys neber tell me abt this until now~?) (=_=)

heh heh, more colors coming in ~alrite manz~ ~~~ =D~~

Jes: I guess your little frag of sun opens so fast is due to the "lack of competition" concept (in addition to ur good water parameters).

Looking at examples from honda's little collection of suns, honda and i sorta guess that the more sparse each polyps is on the whole piece of rock, the easier it is to coax the tentacles out and bloom it. Conversely, the more clattered and more polyps it is (e.g. 50 polyps on a tiny rock), the harder it is to bloom the coral (took honda 2 months for a piece to bloom).

Your sun frag accounts for another supporting statement in favour of this guess. Post us a picture soon ya?

• SRC Member
Your sun frag accounts for another supporting statement in favour of this guess. Post us a picture soon ya?

Here's a pics upon Elune request.

Its actually only half open right? I think it can do better than that.

post-34-1144685193.jpg

• SRC Member
Thats it!

This weekend I'm gonna go get a green clown goby. I'll make sure it stays blue 24 hrs ... muahahaha (wah liew~ u guys neber tell me abt this until now~?) (=_=)

heh heh, more colors coming in ~alrite manz~ ~~~ =D~~

I wish to get more goby too. Cos my 1 yellow goby died liao, reason being it trap itself between the beta box and the glass. Quite silly death.

• SRC Member

Yep! The suns will open bigger and the tentacles longer! and judging from ur sun's response in ur tank over only these couple of days, i can say it will bloom for you very soon. congrats la! :)

awww, sad to hear abt the demise of the yellow clown goby. Cheer upz!

get the green clown goby then!

hey hey! ur anemone went back to normal already! ur perculas look soooooo comfy wriggling in it. makes me wanna go get an anemone too! (>,<)

• SRC Member

well, i got suns that opens up damn slow, and i got suns that open up very fast. i find that it all boils down to where i got the suns from. if its not handled well when transported here, they will tend to open up very slow. i got 1 pretty nice piece from RB, took 3 weeks to open. i got another piece, opened up the night i put it in my tank, and the polyps are like super duper dense, i cant even identify which polyp is which polyp cos they have very very little protruding skeletons...

• SRC Member
oh? so where is this place where u got that sun-that-opens-up-the-very-nite-u-place-in-ur-tank from? next time i go there and buy sun corals.

I also want to know where!

:huh: Bro colinsoon, why U think its a challenge leh!?

w3ish3ng,

Unnecssary comment leh. Dun try to make sparks leh.

We just wanna know where to get good corals.

Who wouldn't like to get what bro colinsoon did.

I'm still waiting for mine to open. :snore:

(Sigh .... Maybe I no luck with sun....)

Monki,

Maybe it didn't get stuck & die. Maybe die liao then current draw it

there loh. Anyway, maybe let the tank mature a bit more b4 stocking loh.

Mine tank water still not very good yet. Lost a few LS liao....

:peace: Peace all round :peace:

• SRC Member

AM is the place to go....

sun-that-opens-up-the-very-nite-u-place-in-ur-tank makes the whole sentence feels so sacarstic la. maybe i juz a lil oversensitive... i hope i am... :(:(:(

anyway try to coax them out, using a mixture of cyclopeeze water and the mysis juice. you will watch they swell up big big. even if no tentacles come out, doesnt matter. got swell is good sign liao. :heh::heh::heh:

some suns you get also see heng suay one... you suay, takes u 3 weeks lor. you heng, you can go buy 4D lor... the 3-week-then-take-to-open-one came from RB... almost freaked me out... tot i wasted my money... haha. :upsidedown: