Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Algae attack... although my tank survived the RBTA accident... this is more like the aftermath... besides NH4 (<0.25) my NO2, NO3, PO4 are almost undetectable... this can also be the result of my major water change (using filtered tap water) :pinch:

post-34-1150647188.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My favourite Gonio... opening bigger than usual... I think both my corals and algaes (unfortunately) are enjoying the 8 hours of ATIs :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1150648797.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Night night... emm... what an unsual formation of my Prata... it is definitely hungry... will feed some shrimps tomorrow :D

post-34-1150649156.jpg

Bro... u bad loh... always show me your Leopard <_<

You wanna see more? I can show you a close up pix of my LW :lol::lol::lol:

Frag it and I wanna try it!!! :evil:

No I don't think I will wanna frag it... I will try to give it away in a complete specimen... by the rate it is growing... maybe 3 months (max) :cry:

• SRC Member

No I don't think I will wanna frag it... I will try to give it away in a complete specimen... by the rate it is growing... maybe 3 months (max) :cry:

Base on the pics, the next potential owner need to ensure that they got big space to house this giant!!! :lol:

Base on the pics, the next potential owner need to ensure that they got big space to house this giant!!! :lol:

Yes... perhaps a footprint of 3' by 3' minimum :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Like ur signature pix... actually Aquatronica does have one of the "nicer" logos within the industry :P

• SRC Member

Yes... perhaps a footprint of 3' by 3' minimum :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Like ur signature pix... actually Aquatronica does have one of the "nicer" logos within the industry :P

Got mah??? Tell me.... :yeah:

• SRC Member

bro ! hammer need new own find me ! my upgrade will definately have space for it ... if everything goes well ... i should be very much poorer and have a 3x3x2 cube arnd next week or the end of this week ... lol ... sry ah i very thick skin ... hahahaha...

Emm... a bit too early now lah... who knows... it shrinks instead of grows in the coming months :(

As promised... feeding time for my Prata and Plate :lol: The shrimps are always so so annoying :angry:

post-34-1150717659.jpg

As expected...they always get a piece of the pie... by hook or by crook... and lovely GSP... I want to start a nano tank where the entire floor is filled with GSP!!! :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1150717810.jpg

My Orange Plate... totally stuffed with a piece of shrimp... :whistle:whistle:whistle The Tri-colour Yuma on the left is still looking healthy... emm... been with me for more than 2 months liao... time flies :)

post-34-1150718055.jpg

Look at my un-identified plate coral... :yeah: oh the tiny little tentacles are so so cute... it is looking extremely happy right now and there is a small possibility that this is in fact a SPS :shock::shock::shock: Perhaps that's the reason why the Calcium consumption rate is much higher than before :unsure:

post-34-1150726383.jpg

wow ... tt plate is damm nice ! bro .. wanna ask you ... is LW easy to keep ?

Well... extracted from Liveaquaria.com

"The Blue Star Leopard Wrasse is difficult to keep because of its eating habits, relying on small invertebrates (foraminiferans and amphipods). When first introduced into the aquarium, live saltwater feeder shrimp should be used to entice this fish to eat. It needs a 50 gallon or larger aquarium with well established live rock. It also requires a layer of live sand, with other peaceful tank mates. They will do best when introduced in groups of three or more."

For my case, perhaps I was lucky... it stayed hidden beneath the sand bed for 2 weeks... then came out and eat like a pig... basically everything under the sun (err... T5)... once it is trained to take pellets... this fish is as hardy as any other wrasses... :lol:

Some other bros were less lucky than me... theirs perished after a week or so... so really depends on your luck lor :lol:

I wonder what's growing underneath my Xenias... those bright purple sponge looking whatever... it looks like hard shell to me... but no tentacles stretching out from those tiny holes... I wonder what are those ;) And its been spreading fast... those colonies on top were not there last week :unsure:

post-34-1150734538.jpg

It's time to reveal something really "alien"... I think it's some sorta snail but it only comes out at night... it's shell doesn't look like normal hard shell to me... in fact it looks like white sponge... any idea what this is? It's been in my tank for a while now... just lucky tonight I manage to get a clean shot at it :D

And my Suns are opening very large... perhaps they are hungry... ok will feed them frozen brine shrimps late night tomorrow B)

post-34-1150737952.jpg

A bro offering me this piece of TOY in exchange of my Tunze 6100 + Singlecontroller... what you guys think? I've heard a number of benefits running Ozone but also learned that overdosing can be highly toxic to the tank inhibitants... I think my Aquatronica Redox Controller will come in handy... any bro out there with real-life experience? And is the swopping worth, considering his unit is more than 1 year old (is it more difficult to maintain after certain period of time?)

Here's an extract from AM Website:

Aqua Medic Ozone Generator 500

The injection of ozone into the water can improve the efficiency of protein skimming and raises the ORP (Redox potential). The decomposition of toxic nitrite is enhanced whilst the bacteria count in the water decreases, minimising the risk of ill health in the animals. The compounds that produce yellow colouring in the aquarium are broken down and the water stays cristal clear. The ozone generators in the Ozone – series utilise the latest low voltage technology for safety and reliability.

Bro Lyz77... perhaps you are keen in this piece of equipment too :)

post-34-1150738717.jpg

• SRC Member
Look at my un-identified plate coral... :yeah: oh the tiny little tentacles are so so cute... it is looking extremely happy right now and there is a small possibility that this is in fact a SPS :shock::shock::shock: Perhaps that's the reason why the Calcium consumption rate is much higher than before :unsure:

hahaha bro, you are having a pretty serious SPS fever. might need to do something bout it wor. haha