Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Phew... Sg down to 1.025 now... luckily I have a big bucket of filtered water ready... :heh:

Ok, now I can introduce you guys my second coral of the day... Elegance Coral with Pink tentacles, purple tip and green inside... :):):)

The coral is still opening... will post another pix if it opens bigger!

Can I just call it Pink Elegance? Or Purple-tip Pink Elegance?

post-34-1147190857.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Phew... Sg down to 1.025 now... luckily I have a big bucket of filtered water ready... :heh:

Ok, now I can introduce you guys my second coral of the day... Elegance Coral with Pink tentacles, purple tip and green inside... :):):)

The coral is still opening... will post another pix if it opens bigger!

Can I just call it Pink Elegance? Or Purple-tip Pink Elegance?

Nice coral..... :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Been looking for one for days now... inspired by a bro here, have similar Elegance. Oh, here's how the Elegance looks like before I adjusted my Sg :(

post-34-1147191399.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Emm... spotted my Orange Linkia over my Red Goniopora... is it possible the Sea Star is consuming my Gonio? :o

My third coral (unopened) is seen here... I am getting closer and closer to my dream tank :lol:

Notice the beautiful Orange Spotted Yumas? And my recovering Prata?

post-34-1147193496.jpg

yes some star fish do eat coral

anyway the true red gonio is great stuff.

the elegance look great too.

arent all the stuff we discuss we wanna buy TOGETHER that day in ur car to pasir ris fish farm :heh::heh::heh:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Plate Coral (Orange) - Short Tentacles

I think the specimen will not be fluorescent orange once it open up <_< Will move it to the sand bed (as recommended by Liveaquaria) tomorrow :P The tiny little tentacles are visible now, were not there hours ago.

post-34-1147193890.jpg

yes some star fish do eat coral

anyway the true red gonio is great stuff.

the elegance look great too.

arent all the stuff we discuss we wanna buy TOGETHER that day in ur car to pasir ris fish farm :heh::heh::heh:

Do you think the Orange Star is a concern? Any bros with experience?

Yeah the Red Gonio is very deep red, that's why the Ah Pek not willing to lower price... "take it or leave it" attitude :lol:

Yalor... seems like my dream already came true... hehe remember I told you guys I am given 1 wish everyday? That's exactly what I wish for last night before I sleep... now... let's wait for bro Colinsoon's result, I did wish for him to do good in his exam :lol:

Don't get me wrong... wishing is not praying hor... :lol:

I like your deep blue light. Mine too bright...

Now you know what I mean right? Let's do it together... but you need to get your PO4 and NO3 back in control first... then I will see you buy beautiful and colourful corals and drool :D

But you still need the bright lights hor... or else ur corals will just die... they can't survive solely on actinic blue!!!

You know what's the stupidest thing a reefer can do to an ailing Moorish Idol? Dose copper-based medication into the main tank... don't tell me u did just that :o:o:o

Did I mention I added 2 more Cleaner Shrimps yesterday? Smaller specimens, so got bullied by my old shrimps :cry2::cry2: Thought they will all group together and start a family or a band... ABBA :lol::lol::lol:

I hope the shrimp is not too hungry...

post-34-1147194976.jpg

I notice a little red light coming from a lower angle.

below the zoo, clam and underside of LR. What are they !?

They are my halogen lamps, I switched on all the lights to take this shot, need a bit of yellow to balance... or the entire picture will become blue-black, beyond "photoshoping"... close up shot still ok. Your eyes sharp sharp :lol:

Introducing... Cleaner Shrimps... Bollywood style (running round the GSP) :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1147196141.jpg

Last posting before I switch off my Actinic Blues... can the Elegance thrive with slightly stronger flow? :nc:

Still opening up... revealing more of the fluorescent green center :yeah:

post-34-1147196273.jpg

• SRC Member

Now you know what I mean right? Let's do it together... but you need to get your PO4 and NO3 back in control first... then I will see you buy beautiful and colourful corals and drool :D

But you still need the bright lights hor... or else ur corals will just die... they can't survive solely on actinic blue!!!

Hrmz, I-Aquarium's showtank has been running on just atanic for god knows how long and all the corals are doing well.....mine will proberly die if i do that. :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Hrmz, I-Aquarium's showtank has been running on just atanic for god knows how long and all the corals are doing well.....mine will proberly die if i do that. :lol:

Really? Actinic Blue T5 or MH? I wouldn't do that... well, why limit to only night view when you can have both day and night? :lol: Don't see a point of going all blue even if some species can survive... just gonna restrict coral selection ;)

In fact, I'm beginning to like my BLV 14000ºK a lot. I've been running both 150W for the last few days together with my 2 actinic blue T5s. The effect is almost crystal white... amazing! But once I off my blue T5, the tank looks yellowish... <_<

But it's quite amazing... the brightness... of course, I do place my corals according to their needs... one problem is, I am still confused between Gonio and Alveopora... they have very different requirement, so if mix up :nuke:

i think i-aquarium onli use T8 for their reef..cause it got natural sunlight.. :eyebrow:

Ah... nothing beats mother nature :lol::lol::lol: and not to mention 300W of savings on electricity bills :P

For me... buying is easy (coz I only eat 1 meal a day)... now the challenge is to maintain them and make them happy... so far I've not been a good keeper... let my Sg rose to 1.027 also blur-blur... almost kill everything <_<;)

For me... buying is easy (coz I only eat 1 meal a day)... now the challenge is to maintain them and make them happy... so far I've not been a good keeper... let my Sg rose to 1.027 also blur-blur... almost kill everything <_<;)

dun worry . their optimun is at 1.021 to 1.025 depending on temperature .

but i can tell u for sure , SPS not sure, that coral can survive from 1.020 to 1.030 comfortably depending on temp again .

u will not kill everything

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10