Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

I added a Mini Tunze (existing powerheads) to the front right corner blowing downwards. As the Tunze Stream blows diagonally towards the left, the current fails to circulate fully to this particular blind spot... hence algae bloom on this patch of sand bed.

Still trying... if it works well, will get another 3 more to be positioned on each corner. I will set a timer to only run these "flush" powerheads twice daily, 30 minutes each time.

So 4 mini x 4W = 16W only :lol:

What you guys think?

Note: The floating detritus is a result of running the mini :lol:

post-34-1149080671.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

umm bro jervis ... randalls dont really sift sand leh ... at least mine didnt... he was more of a predator than a sifter ...

Err... I thought... nvm I will get a blenny soon :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro Tedb... you are revealing my plans :ph34r::fear::ph34r:

• SRC Member

all these new toys making me salivate,.... waiting for my new tank to be ready... 2-3 weeks time... then can join u guys in toyland

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

Come all... bow to the King of Toyland :evil::evil::evil: ... this guy's been molting every 2 weeks... growing at an alarming rate :o

post-34-1149082374.jpg

Even my Chevy is giving the King some "face" :rolleyes: (hehe... no more ich)

post-34-1149082620.jpg

A FTS :)

Emm... the deep shadow under the Hammer... what kinda corals can I put down there? It looks a bit too empty at the moment <_< May move my Hammers to a corner instead coz it's taking too much space :nc:

post-34-1149082935.jpg

• SRC Member
I added a Mini Tunze (existing powerheads) to the front right corner blowing downwards. As the Tunze Stream blows diagonally towards the left, the current fails to circulate fully to this particular blind spot... hence algae bloom on this patch of sand bed.

Still trying... if it works well, will get another 3 more to be positioned on each corner. I will set a timer to only run these "flush" powerheads twice daily, 30 minutes each time.

So 4 mini x 4W = 16W only :lol:

What you guys think?

Note: The floating detritus is a result of running the mini :lol:

Why not get a TS-24! :P

Why not get a TS-24! :P

The current is just going to be too strong... I just need a way to clear off the corners... I am happy with my single Stream 6100 as the flow is strong enough... often too strong for my Yumas :unsure:

• SRC Member

The current is just going to be too strong... I just need a way to clear off the corners... I am happy with my single Stream 6100 as the flow is strong enough... often too strong for my Yumas :unsure:

Oohs..... sorry... though u will be going for SPS! Heard that SPS tank need to hv great flow!

• SRC Member

what can you put in the shadow ??

SUNS !!!! SUPER SUNS !!! TONS OF SUNS! BLACK GREEN RED ORANGE YELLOW SUNS !! HAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ok seriously ... ya .. why not suns ? the dont need the light ... and if the flows good at the area ... im sun u can have a sun garden there :whistle

what can you put in the shadow ??

SUNS !!!! SUPER SUNS !!! TONS OF SUNS! BLACK GREEN RED ORANGE YELLOW SUNS !! HAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ok seriously ... ya .. why not suns ? the dont need the light ... and if the flows good at the area ... im sun u can have a sun garden there :whistle

I actually considered that... the problem with Suns down there is feeding difficulty... gonna be damn hard to reach every single polyp... am also considering Sea Fan :nc:

ohh .. den get the purple ones ... damm nice ... saw them at AM last week... fan forest ? hahaha

How's your fan garden doing? I need to provide high flow though... probably hide mini Tunze inside the cave :lol:

• SRC Member

mine not considered garden la .. haha ... 3 fans spread apart ... actually after my "renovations" (i changed the positions of the pumps a little) now running on my dymax ( 2500L/h ) and my seio 2400... all my corals are opening well .. even the leather, huge fan , and cauliflowers are opening too... although ... coz of the renovations.. my lack of diligence during this period ... i noticed my blue gorgonian is dying abit .. just at the lower branches ... BUT my GONIO ... opening VERY BIG. too bad no time to take pics.

btw . bro jervis .. gotta thank you coz ur thread keeps me going .. this project really sapped my energy and passion esp when i keep failing ... but every time i see ur thread i get inspired to cont. trying .. even if one method fails i will find another method .. :thanks:

.. i have some qns on my thread waiting for u .. :evil:

Oh you are too generous with your comments :paiseh: Glad you find inspirations in my thread... that's the true purpose of this FORUM I believe... thank you too for dropping by very so often... lets keep our passion alive... just like the Olympic torch :lol::lol::lol:

My Prata forming the shape of a torch to celebrate our passion in this wonderful hobby!!!

post-34-1149095757.jpg

Last pic of the day... my Red Gonio... consistently opening up :) Do you think it will open up further? :lol:

post-34-1149097372.jpg

Hey bro jervis,

Took 2 days to finish ur hundred over pages thread. All I can say is BRILLIANT! Truly brilliant! Very nice tank u have there.

Sorry that i enquire about your or2500 but didn't follow up on the interest as I'm still in the middle of planning for my upgrade.

But great tank. Gives me a reason to come to the forum more often. ;)