Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

• SRC Member
Hitchhikers (top left) that come with my Clove Polyps. Started with 3 to 4 polyps... now a growing colony :peace: Can someone help ID it?

The Parazoanthus (yellow tentacle ones) do sting right? Should I remove them? Hopefully I can remove them safely and attach to somewhere else <_<

that looks like a yellow polyp... I might be wrong :P

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys... I am so in love with Zoos nowadays... spotted 5 variants in my Zoos garden... agree with some bros here, they are nice, easy to keep, colourful (especially under actinic) and stay open most of the time :P Lovely! Will try to collect more!

Any kind bros out there can contribute? :rolleyes:

post-34-1145288217.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Guys... I am so in love with Zoos nowadays... spotted 5 variants in my Zoos garden... agree with some bros here, they are nice, easy to keep, colourful (especially under actinic) and stay open most of the time  Lovely! Will try to collect more!

Any kind bros out there can contribute?

Maybe they also can frag some for me lol :lol:

I've moved all my Zoos to a new location, already separated some of them and mixing them together for variety sake. Will let them spread and cover a corner of my tank. Hehe will reveal photo soon :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Here you go... the bottom left corner of my Perc90. Will add more tiny Alveopora frags around the existing one (on the tower). The rest of the area, from bottom all the way to the current Green Star Polyps area is reserved for Zoos cultivation. I want them to fill up the entire LR... hehe. Any idea how long that will take? :unsure:

post-34-1145376861.jpg

Did partial water test just now:

pH: 8.1

NO3: 15 - 25

PO4: <0.03

PO4 dropped quite a bit coz I started using AM Phosphatfilter 5 days ago... NO3, still no change... got a feeling the Seachem De*nitrate is a waste of money... gotto seriously save for a proper equipment already before things get out of hand :blink:

sweet totally .

anyway thank for ur help on the chromis tank .

i am not getting from them in the end .

better plan for equipment but now exam period so stay low a while .

the photos are entertaining . great work on the zoo.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

sweet totally .

anyway thank for ur help on the chromis tank .

i am not getting from them in the end .

better plan for equipment but now exam period so stay low a while .

the photos are entertaining . great work on the zoo.

Great to hear u hv other plans... u seen the tank urself? My Zoos garden is still a mess right now. Will tidy it up within the next 2 to 3 weeks. Hopefully will have a nice mixture of colours and morphs.

I allocated my right corner as a Mushroom farm btw, lol. That will includes Yuma, Rhodactis and Florida (love to get hold of one).

Just to reconfirm... shrooms require less light compared to zoos... right? :nc:

• SRC Member
Here you go... the bottom left corner of my Perc90. Will add more tiny Alveopora frags around the existing one (on the tower). The rest of the area, from bottom all the way to the current Green Star Polyps area is reserved for Zoos cultivation. I want them to fill up the entire LR... hehe. Any idea how long that will take? :unsure:

Nice garden startup ;)

Nice garden startup ;)

Thanks! One thing that inspired me this setup is the algae growing on that piece of Monti skeleton. So unsightly, so I cover it with Zoos... surely will block the light. :upsidedown:

Here's a pix of my refugium (the right compartment). The Chaetomorpha has been growing steadily... almost 20% of original within 1 week. Thanks to the external PL lamp (right side of the pix) running 24/7.

I expect to do my first harvest by the end of the month and bro Colinsoon is the first on my waiting list :D

post-34-1145381850.jpg

• SRC Member
Thanks! One thing that inspired me this setup is the algae growing on that piece of Monti skeleton. So unsightly, so I cover it with Zoos... surely will block the light.

u read my mind :evil:

The Chaetomorpha has been growing steadily...

and bro Colinsoon is the first on my waiting list 

Am I in the list also :pinch:

Colinsoon - end April

Altantis - mid June

Lyz - end July

:lol::lol::lol:

Haha! But with one condition though... I must make sure u guys have a proper place to put them... coz Chaetos are a good to have... not a must... so if u guys doesn't have an allocated space, can create more problems and headaches... betta boxes are desperate measure!!! :unsure:

Great to hear u hv other plans... u seen the tank urself? My Zoos garden is still a mess right now. Will tidy it up within the next 2 to 3 weeks. Hopefully will have a nice mixture of colours and morphs.

I allocated my right corner as a Mushroom farm btw, lol. That will includes Yuma, Rhodactis and Florida (love to get hold of one).

Just to reconfirm... shrooms require less light compared to zoos... right? :nc:

it depend on the breed itself .

pink yuma seem to like more lighting than it's counterpart .

both of them have almost the same requirement . :) dun worry

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

got a place for it in my sump already.. but juz a question though. i will be putting it beside my macro skimmer in my sump, and it comes with quite a bit of microbubbles. it wun go asexual or wat with the presence of air bubbles right....?

Hmm. nice tank once again. You No3 can't drop any further?

Yeah can't make it drop. Will perform 10% water change later... see if it will come down a bit.

Qxnviolet & Colinsoon,

PM me if U guys want chaeto.

I have about 2 plastic containers (ta bao noodles type).

Spare. Free.

Wah so nice of you... yeah u can give some to bro Soon... as mine will take another 2 weeks to harvest.

Presenting the WORLD'S STRONGEST TENTACLE!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

post-34-1145449590.jpg