yellow tang

• SRC Member

Is she a new addition to yr tank? Any other tangs inside yr tanks? Wat's the size of yr tank?

Myabe u could give us more details in order for us to analyse yr case

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

Simple, it's not feeding (yet... I hope).

A skinny Tang is not a good sign as it has yet to even start to graze on the rocks yet.

Get some macroalgae, Ulva or Red Bamboo algae, if I may suggest to fill its tummy first before coaxing it to feed.

Hotsoup's questions are highly relevant too, you should answer those queries too.

Meanwhile,

• SRC Member

A skinny Tang is not a good sign as it has yet to even start to graze on the rocks yet.

Get some macroalgae, Ulva or Red Bamboo algae, if I may suggest to fill its tummy first before coaxing it to feed.

Hotsoup's questions are highly relevant too, you should answer those queries too.

Meanwhile,

my yellow tank is not new to my 2feet overflow wet and dry filter tank...

it just happen recently..........well MAYBE

• SRC Member

Meanwhile,

my yellow tank is not new to my 2feet overflow wet and dry filter tank...

it just happen recently..........well MAYBE it dosen't eat well these few days.

but how am i going to feed her with those algae ?how to get those algae from ?

can i give her some lettuce ? my tank dont have so much algae.

Oops ... missed out the word 'recently'.

You can buy those macroalgae from LFS or farms, or try terrestrial vegetables such as lettuce. The lettuce will need to be washed to rid of any insecticides. Whether to blanch it or not is up to you.

Hang or place it near where you usually feed your fish.

We need more info on your tank; specs & parameters and stocking levels at least, to provide you with any useful advice.

• SRC Member
Oops ... missed out the word 'recently'.

You can buy those macroalgae from LFS or farms, or try terrestrial vegetables such as lettuce. The lettuce will need to be washed to rid of any insecticides. Whether to blanch it or not is up to you.

Hang or place it near where you usually feed your fish.

We need more info on your tank; specs & parameters and stocking levels at least, to provide you with any useful advice.

well my tank have been runnuing for 2months already......

filter running cannister-reverse flow and wet and dry overflow method....

do not have any coral yet but wif live rocks and 3 anemones......few fishes like boxfish,domino,sergeant maj,chromis,common clown..... and two dancing shrimps..........3 tube worms...............

recently my yellow also got nip at its fins by dunno-which fish...........?

all the damsel are far small for the fish.........!

few days ago my blue tang MIA .......dunno gone where ......?

die always must has its dead body and skeleton mah........

check everywhere but cant find..........is it possible for all fish to eat the entire in just 12hrs ???????????? food is provided everyday for all fishes.............!!!!!

HAUNTED AQUARIUM..... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

A 2 feet tank with 7 fishes and 3 anemones is quite a high overload.

If you can give me some water parameters such as NH3, NO3, pH... etc will be good.

However, working with limited information, its either your water conditions are sub-optimal or even if it is still within acceptable levels, the overcrowding and perhaps some competition between the fishes would have stressed the Tangs out.

Or, it could also be a culmination of both.

The Regal Blue Tang is quite susceptible to stress so it might have gone first and its body eaten by crabs & fishes. Or if you are lucky, you might spot it hiding in the rocks under duress... either way, its bad news.

Suggest you reduce the bioload immediately, house them temporarily with someone else or return to the LFS.

Lose the anemones; you run the risk of it wondering into your canister intake, dying in the process and crash the system.

Now comes my question, have you read this?

• SRC Member

well my tank have been runnuing for 2months already......

filter running cannister-reverse flow and wet and dry overflow method....

do not have any coral yet but wif live rocks and 3 anemones......few fishes like boxfish,domino,sergeant maj,chromis,common clown..... and two dancing shrimps..........3 tube worms...............

recently my yellow also got nip at its fins by dunno-which fish...........?

all the damsel are far small for the fish.........!

few days ago my blue tang MIA .......dunno gone where ......?

die always must has its dead body and skeleton mah........

check everywhere but cant find..........is it possible for all fish to eat the entire in just 12hrs ???????????? food is provided everyday for all fishes.............!!!!!

HAUNTED AQUARIUM..... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Try to lift up the rocks to find your fish...if it dies, the body will rot into the tank and your filter may not cope with it.