to the guy who sold me his chiller:

colinsoon

• SRC Member

ever since day 1 after i got it from you, its been slowly leaking. and the leak rate kinda increased. i asked you about it, and you kept telling me its condensation. dried salt kept forming, but i gave you the benefit of the doubt. cos you told me you sent the chiller to derek, whom i know is very reputable, with excellent servicing records. someone is either not doing his work or not telling the truth.

just half an hour ago, i realised something is amiss, my water level dropping quite bad. checked the floor around the chiller. flooded.

disconnected the chiller, took off the casing, and discovered chunks of solidified salt inside. chunks. my goodness. all over the place. metal parts inside oxidised till its already green. the chunks of salt i chipped off, all have a tint of green. meaning to say its been there for super duper long...

this amount of leakage, i am very sure you cannot be aware of it. so dang obvious. gonna flood your floor in hours.

if its faulty and you tell me, i am fine with it. at least i am prepared for it. and will seek to do something bout it. now this happens. its like. ARGH!!

hope you reflect upon this, and do not do this to anyone in the future. if there needs to be some clarifications done, please contact me.

post-11-1144739623.jpg

he sold it to mi once , but i return him the next day with 30 dollars lost.

i am not convinced it is water condensation .

in the end spend 300 on a new one instead.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

well bro colin... maybe u shd call thhe guy n see if u can cut loss... if not then by all means announce his name here so no other bros or sis will get snooked the next time rd ...

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

seriously i feel should ask him to explain on this site. He claimed derek just top up the gas and that's why the chiller is so powerful that it condenses water. u bought the idea from him but i dont. that is why i call him up for a refund .

to tell u the truth ,i taste the leak water and know that it is salty . even if what he claimed is true , the water should not be salty since it is condensation from atmosphere .i am lucky , still get back 100 SGD .

but willing buyer , willing seller . i didnt persue the matter any farther and didnt even kajiao his sales thread in SRC or another forum.

seriously it is leakage not condensation . oh well, guess what ... even he decided to MIA forever , even we reveal the nick . he still can change his nick . but i know the area he stays , but still he can move house , but i know his phone number, he still can change number , but i know his car number , but he still can change his car. :)

i hope he can explain to everybody: derek just top up the gas , that's why my CL280 is so powerful until it leaks salt water.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

sad to hear bro....guess sometimes when the price is too low...one can't help but suspect but also as fellow reefers we have to give the benefit of the doubt. It's sad that this has been taken advantage of at times.

I sold some equipment in the past....and most've the time(if not everytime) i pm the buyer few days after transaction to see if they are happy with it.

anyways, good luck for exams, we shall chiong after exams ok?

• SRC Member
the issue has been resolved.

thanx to all who offered advices.

juz a note though as offered to me by one of the senior reefers around: try not to transact with inactive members....

But wouldn't that be depriving people who willingly want to sell off his stuff? No everybody likes to chat you know.. :(

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

the issue has been resolved.

thanx to all who offered advices.

juz a note though as offered to me by one of the senior reefers around: try not to transact with inactive members....

Hi bro colinsoon,

Do not use one Bamboo stick to hit down all the boat hor <_< !

Some senior/junior dun want to involve too much of flame war or gossip, so it seem that they r inactive but they r alway behind scene......monitoring :P:lol: .

Do not beco of chinese said: Ten years afraid of rope becos one time bite by a snake :evil: !

Over the door of your HEART...There r away good reefers over here.... :yeah::D

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

like i said its an advice offered by one of the older reefers here.... not by colinsoon. so i would say its very important to read and understand the message posted by each individual before commenting with such strong words.

i have personally dealed with many inactive reefers, and not a problem till now. its all the black sheep out there, and their actions that results in that "once bitten twice shy" syndrome.

i will still continue to trade with an open mind, with more questions asked probably. and definitely, when you are bitten by a dog, you wun juz go back to the same breed of dogs with the same amount of confidence as in the past. of course, the higher level of Q&A will of course lead to much of the sellers' frustrations, and reaffirm as business nowadays pie tam....

definitely i dun wield a bamboo stick, i believe in modern weaponry, and ten years down the road, i would probably be rich enough to earn well to purchase FIRST HAND stuff.