Jacobus's tank!

jacobus

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very healthy fan and what a large colony of Sun Coral... must be very $$$

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Wow you have a very lightly LR tank... plenty of room to grow corals :rolleyes:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

whats lightly LR ? i dun have a lot of LR ah ?

It feels light... which is a good thing. At least u get nice pieces of LR to achieve the scaping :D

But if you want to add more... can also, so that u can have a larger biological filter capacity... but adding uncured LR now can be disastrous to your LR.

• SRC Member

bro, i think you are sleepy already... not making sense...

adding uncured LR now might be detrimental to the system now, as rotting will occur, ANN goes up... bad things happen when ANN goes up... especially A...

• SRC Member

wahaha... the horse was cool wad.... also tot of having a lot of suns .. but i am like jack neo's movie. MONEY NO ENOUGH... haha. good news ... checked up on my randalls today.. fins are semi healed. so fast ! :yeah: happy man ... tml gonna chiong lfs with my friend again ... siao man... poly havent start semester.. i burning all my cash already ... must tapao bread and butter to school liao.. hahaha... tml come home .. will take pics of my additions and most.. thanks so much for all bros who reply to my little thread !

• SRC Member

btw ... bro QX ... what fish is tt in ur avatar ? leopard wrasse ? looks damm chio...

and also ... are yellow coris reef safe ? .. another update i forgot to add.. my suns are opening up every night now... :yeah: though their not very big ... but i think it will work out somehow.. is it ok for me to feed daily still ? or should i slow it down to every few days?

• SRC Member

bought a small group of tiny clowns today .. 4 of them .. and 2 green mandarins.

is it common for tangs to get itch often ? my tiny blue tang got itch again 2 days ago.. this time also use hypo but no results ... scared tt it might not recover ... haiz .. but my randall's fin is 95% recovered... too tired today .. hopefully got some time tml morning to post.

• SRC Member

Erm, the leopards dig into the sandbed when they want to sleep. Haha, other than that, they are getting used to their new surroundings and can for the most part of the day be seen swimming in the open. They are beautiful@~! :)

BTs, especially tiny ones are prone to itch, they are quite timid fishes, a little bit and they'll charge and hide themsleves in the LRs. If your BT is already weak, maybe try put in in a betta holding box to shield it from your other tank mates to enable it to feed peacefully while recovering. In the box, you could maybe provide something for it to hide. A small piece of PVC pipe would be fine. Is it still feeding? If it is, it has a good chance to recover.

Oh, i've been feeding my LS with garlic and vitamins enriches food and i think thats helps too. Good luck with your BT!~ :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member

it eats .. even with spots it eats ... after hypo treatment it eats.. something swim past ? it eats ... haha ... super big my BT .. the pvc pipe hole like too small leh ...

just been to IWARNA ... got TONS of SUPER SUNS !!!! but i no $$.... :erm: