Cynarina getting off its base

ong2ah

• SRC Member

I got a cynarina ... previously not doing well... but has recovered... and opening well with the lights on

but when the lights is off..it is obvious that it is not sticking to its base rock anymore... almost 90% detached.... any way to save it???

Does that means it is dying?? :(

Appreciate any info

• SRC Member
I got a cynarina ... previously not doing well... but has recovered... and opening well with the lights on

but when the lights is off..it is obvious that it is not sticking to its base rock anymore... almost 90% detached.... any way to save it???

Does that means it is dying?? :(

Appreciate any info

firstly..do not place it at a place where there is high flow..they dislike them...

some reefers here have encounter pratas leaving their skeleton but for cyannaria..tis is first time.. :P

well..if its still opening well and no sign of decomposition, try to change the placement area??...

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

firstly..do not place it at a place where there is high flow..they dislike them...

some reefers here have encounter pratas leaving their skeleton but for cyannaria..tis is first time.. :P

well..if its still opening well and no sign of decomposition, try to change the placement area??...

Thanks.... its at a low flow area.... today morning juz open big big...

i suspect that its bcos of sand getting to its base rock... cos it die off a little when

new in my tank ~20%.. then exposing some of the skeleton rock... from there on the sand get into it... causing it to detach... possible? Will it die off if its completely detached... or can i put a small rock near it for it to reattach??

• SRC Member

Thanks.... its at a low flow area.... today morning juz open big big...

i suspect that its bcos of sand getting to its base rock... cos it die off a little when

new in my tank ~20%.. then exposing some of the skeleton rock... from there on the sand get into it... causing it to detach... possible? Will it die off if its completely detached... or can i put a small rock near it for it to reattach??

dun tink it will die off after detaching..but it may float in ur tank.. :lol::lol: ...

ok..check tt the skeleton does not hav any algaes growing on it...if algae is present..dere is no way the coral is going to attached itself again.. :D

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

dun tink it will die off after detaching..but it may float in ur tank.. :lol::lol: ...

ok..check tt the skeleton does not hav any algaes growing on it...if algae is present..dere is no way the coral is going to attached itself again.. :D

There is some sand on its exposed skeleton... thats why its detaching off??? haiz..dnt know how to get the sand off also... :(

• SRC Member

Bro, r u sure? I have known of a senior reefer who has reported his red cynarina leaving its skeleton in SRC. He is now a founder of another reef forum. Pls check out previous post in SRC. Its more than a year since it has been reported.

• Like 1

• SRC Member
Just to add on, it was also reported that the cynarina will continue to feed as per normal. But since there is no skeleton to weigh it down, it keeps floating around.

Yup bro..this morn still open big..but tilted to face inward and its abt to detach off liao...any moment...so sad... hope it dnt float.... but i guess it will drift around without its bone.... haiz.. Hope it will grow back its boney again... need quite a miracle as i read that its hard to grow back bone..... :(

• SRC Member

Bro, r u sure? I have known of a senior reefer who has reported his red cynarina leaving its skeleton in SRC. He is now a founder of another reef forum. Pls check out previous post in SRC. Its more than a year since it has been reported.

ok..sry abt tt...my meaning was tis is my first time i heard of it.. :D

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock: