My new set up 6 fts tank

samhee

Dear Fren,

:D Since my old 6 fts tank leak few weeks ago, I planned to set up a new reef tank that is all conceal. I paint the whole house into white & gray, I put in new furniture to match my new tank. My kids said, daddy, we're like moving into a new house! :rolleyes: Attached showed old & new set up. Can anyone tell me is it 1 picture attach at 1 time?

post-34-1145668716.jpg

• SRC Member

Hrmz, theres some program avaliable that allows you to post a few pics in 1 post but im really not so sure how to do that. Anyway, you seem really passionate about your tank, painting the house to match it? Most reefers do it the other way round. :lol: Keep the pics coming!

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

What do you mean by all concealed tank bro? No holes drilled?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Sorry Bro, What I mean fully conceal is the equipemnt. The old tank can see all the wave maker, UV light, Sump, Skimmer, calcium reactor & MH light as per attached. Very messy. Yes, new tank is full height w conceal mh light & build in cooling fan on top.

post-34-1145677506.jpg

I know what u mean now.... yeah ur old tank is very very messy... dangerous too if u have kids running around the house :P Glad u made the decision to redo the tank... how come leak? So scary meh? And you remake a tank using the same material/same methods/same contractor?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Ha ha, no more using that guy again. Not nice to mention from where I bought 4 years ago. Just let you know, its a terible experinece. The whole night I was changing pail with my maid. The leakage & drip get faster & faster. Luckily, my good frens from LCK 110 next morning 7am come to my hse & transfer all my beautiful platas & other staffs away. Much appreciated LCK 110! Thanks bro :thanks: I hereby on behalf of all my corals :bow: to you. LCK 110! You safe the REEF! Hahaha

Thanks Bro, my contractors are installing the tank on Monday. I bought the partician tank that is 3 face crystal clear glass. Looking forwards to see how it compare with the normal glass tank. I'll update you guys once I install.

Wah... is it Starphire glass? Damn... bro u really know what's best for enjoyment... I think I also need to get LCK become my best friend already... it's nice to know there's LFS out there who can help reefers in trouble... 7am some more, wah lau!!!

Bro, I think its diferent from sarphire glass. To what I knew, Sarphire glass is scratch proof, some expensive watch is SG. Mine is grade 2 or 3, you can see the glass thickness is blue in colour. Normal glass is green. Crystal clear glass is only about 80% what is see directly. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Whatever the brand... I think you made the right decision bro... esp when it comes to your tank size... bad quality glass in that kinda thickness is a total waste of time... and come to think of it, glass is one of the few things you can't upgrade later. So, might as well :lol:

My German-made tank is using 8mm tempered glass (with black tint)... extremely stunning as the black tint will not distort/affect colour much. Just act as a polarizer to enhance colour intensity. Lovely! Hehe sorry :off: