Angel fish fighting each other...

hi all,

Im keeping 2 angel fish togther, 1 is coral beauty which i kept for a year, and the other which i juz introduce is a flame angel... both are the equal size but obviously my CB are attacking my FA... From friends they told me i shouldnt keep 2 dawf angel togther but their advice came late. can anybody tell me any solution? i want them both in my tank. And why do dawf angel fight each other?

TT

normally fishes are quarrelsome to fishes of the same family / shape unless mated pair... for instance hawaii yellow tang will be quarrelsome with purple tang .

unless u have very big tank , they have no chance to establish their territory , now that u introduce a foreigner , the stronger will chase the weaker .

u can rescape your rock / or catch out your CB for it to lose memory of the place b4 putting it back .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

hi all,

Im keeping 2 angel fish togther, 1 is coral beauty which i kept for a year, and the other which i juz introduce is a flame angel... both are the equal size but obviously my CB are attacking my FA... From friends they told me i shouldnt keep 2 dawf angel togther but their advice came late. can anybody tell me any solution? i want them both in my tank. And why do dawf angel fight each other?

TT

I strongly suggest that you got to let it go one of them either or, Neither nor before its too late. But if you still insist of keeping both, Good luck bro!

Hi all!

today is the 3rd day since the FA was itroduced. the last few days are a stressful one. i switch off the lightings early so that all fishes goes to sleep early,( 7pm instead of usual 10) reducing the fighting...

fights stll happen once in a while but its getting better than the first day where my FA is gasping for air on the surface. ( not serious damage to the fins yet )

i did try Hammy's way to bring the CB out but its just too difficult to catch it. rescaping those kgs of LRs were impossible and might hurt most of the soft-corals.

if only it ws easier..

TT

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried introducing new fishes to my established tank, but always failed. All the original occupants will attack the new comer, be it big or small. Give up liao. Must wait till I start up another tank next time. Good luck to yours. :)

• SRC Member
Rescaping is hell lots of work.

Alternatively, place a mirror in front of your tank to distract and confuse your angels for 3 days. ;)

I agree with Reefaholic. The 'mirror' method worked for me when I had a FOWLR 4ft tank. Place the mirror near where the CB hangs out and see what happens.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

The key to success is to keep more of them, you can't just have 2 dwaft angels in the tank, introduce 3 at a time, like for e.g you have coral beauty, you should intro flame, key hole and maybe bi-colour, the coral beauty will not aim at the flame angel alone. Actually if you did notice, coral beauty and flame angel are of different body shape, whereas coral beauty and midnight angel are of similar shape. Once you have 6 or more dawft in the tank, they will automatically be ok one. But you have to make sure your tank can support the bio load 1st. :lol: Actually you are quite unlucky to get the flame angel as your 2nd angel, it's cost is slightly higher. :lol:

• SRC Member

1. The trick is to intro the dwarf angel slowly the next time you wants to add another.

2. Ample hidding place for them.

For now, what you can do is to distract the CB by placing a mirror in your tank so that the CB can fight itself and leave the FA alone.

I have had no problem with angels until now.

My current stocklist.

1) Flame angel

2) Agri Angel

3) African flameback angel

4) Juv King angel

5) Juv Carribean queen angel

6) Sub adult Asfur angel

7) Lemonpeel angel (yet to find the correct one)

Good luck to you. Try out the mirror trick, it will work.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png