Moorish Idol - Reef Safe?

• SRC Member

From experience, they are compatible with Tangs but they are shy and slow swimming fish. So when feeding time other fishes like Tangs will cheong rush here and there and MI will lose out. Also hard to start them to eat so better to get feeding ones from LFS. Otherwise they will starve to death. YT likes to nip at their long fins :pinch:

• SRC Member

I got mine from MarineLife (Henry). I was hesitant to buy initially due to all the stories I have heard about the difficulties of Keeping a MI.

Guess what? Mine started on pellet food right from the second day i bought it.

It is important to get a healthy specimen and i strongly suggest you get your lifestocks from LFS with good reputation for their fish collection and acclimatisation practices.

MI has a tendency to nip Meaty corals. Mainly LPS. So depending on what corals dominate your reef. SPS reef is fine. Mine has left my sps alone. :)

MI is not reef safe :evil: !!!!

Previously, I've 5 MIs in my 3 ft tank for 3 month and they are all very health but problem is they like to nip coral especially SUN :( !

Of no choice, I sell them away hor! :angry: If you got Sun coral..... sure gone :angry:!

Bro.. Take care.... :evil: .

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe