What to do with 2ft long bristleworm??

ervine

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

I got quite a shock when I saw something wriggling in my sump, at first I thought somehow an eel had gotten there but instead it was a bristleworm, and it's about 2ft in length!!!!

yes 2 FEET... not to sure what to do with it and I don't quite dare to grab it, just looking at it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand!

How?? I can't just leave it there right?

Erv.

• SRC Member

Here is the monster... you can see it curls up all the way to the back (can't get a good shot)...

How I know it's about 2ft long? Coz it stretched itself across the width of my sump which was 1.5ft long and it still had some of it's tail curled up!!

How how? I'm not a fan of killing anything... should I just throw it in my fuge? Will it kill my bristlestar inside?

post-7-1147422358.jpg

• SRC Member

wah quite a monster !! since it is in the sump then just leave it, cant do much damage there... ;)

i have one about 4-5" but since most of the pple think that they actually do more good than harm, so i decided to leave it, although must admit does look ugly n creepy :sick:

Here is the monster... you can see it curls up all the way to the back (can't get a good shot)...

How I know it's about 2ft long? Coz it stretched itself across the width of my sump which was 1.5ft long and it still had some of it's tail curled up!!

How how? I'm not a fan of killing anything... should I just throw it in my fuge? Will it kill my bristlestar inside?

yucks ! i always use chopstick to pick up the worm last time. heard they sting , dun leave in the sump

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Down the chute? In a bag of course so it won't have the chance to stng anyone. :)

Down the toilet bowl!!! KILL KILL KILL!!!

You don't keep something like that as pet :sick::sick::sick:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica