colinsoon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

What your feeding habit like? Red Slime are usually cause by high nutrient. You still feed market prawn for your prata/cyna? Try to reduce the feeding, the cyna need little feeding if your water condition is ok and steady.

Watch out your bio load as well. Take note tangs eat and shit a lot and not necessary help a lot with algae cleaning.

Go some mushrooms & other small corals which I can past you if you are interested. Need to clear some space for my SPS.

Give me a buzz.

Tom

• SRC Member

hey thomas!

i am hardly at home to feed them, only back on weekends. so i only feed once a day, sometimes twice. I haven fed my corals in a long time, since my last posting on feeding.

with regards to the bioload, i know i am treading on very thin ice, with 5 tangs in my tank. but i am monitoring the water parameters. i dunno if its a good thing or not, but i was cleaning my seio juz now, saw a few specks of coralline algae on the housing. i think that might be a good sign my water is ok...? i dnno..

i am going for hammers, juz got another one today, with another prata and a gonio. stressed them a hell lot juz now by moving them around during the 5 hour rescape which i did. now they are not really opening.. will post fotos up soon.

t is very important the overflow box can match with the return..

Yes I agree to that... your overflow box must allow the huge amount of water turnover you may want to introduce to the system... in the end of the day... the 2 must compliment each other... or else... disaster is inevitable :(

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

my overflow box can match up to my return. if not my tank would have flooded already... :)

right now i am running a 4000L pump, so flow rate is actually quite high IMO.

oh my water is also quite yellowish. it only gets better when i change water.. wat can i use to take away the yellowish ting? carbon?

wat can i use to take away the yellowish ting? carbon?

Yes... activated carbon will do the trick just fine :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

what is your tank height?

look pretty tall to me..

this make it much harder to get the detrius up to flow into the box..

again wake maker comes in...

seio give you a more focus water output which is imo unable to produce good current like what tunze does..

with such a tall tank, you need a wake maker like tunze to create current across the tank evenly, and carry the detrius up. if not multiple pump is needed to get that effect, that is why i use total of five pump in my main tank alone..

one sieo with retutn only, i don think is enough IMHO. :peace:

• SRC Member

i am using AS250. quite underpowered. but hoping that weekly water changes will do that job... dun think gonna change to another skimmer, cos will cos more $$$$ and also power consumption is also an issue. i dun wan my dad to be paying too much for utility bills each month...

• SRC Member
what is your tank height?

look pretty tall to me..

this make it much harder to get the detrius up to flow into the box..

again wake maker comes in...

seio give you a more focus water output which is imo unable to produce good current like what tunze does..

with such a tall tank, you need a wake maker like tunze to create current across the tank evenly, and carry the detrius up. if not multiple pump is needed to get that effect, that is why i use total of five pump in my main tank alone..

one sieo with retutn only, i don think is enough IMHO. :peace:

hmmmm.

finally its starting to make sense. haha.. how does a tunze work? wat do you advice me to use??? 6060? its gonna be an expensive investment, i dun wanna make the wrong choice.. haha!

wat makes tunze so special over seio btw???

• SRC Member

feeling really down, so went on a retail therapy trip with bros raydiative and jacobus. got some stuff, which set me back by a lotttt... but nvm, came back feeling quite shiok.. till i started to place the corals.. had to rescape a bit. ended up had to remove everything and rescape. and only succeeded in stressing out the corals super a lot..

5 hours later... water still murky...

post-34-1158545535.jpg