Colin's refurbished Partition Tank

colinsoon

• SRC Member

Did up the tank last week. Encountered a few problems here and there, but decided to carry on with the setup, even though faced with quite a few not very encouraging comments.

got this tank from bro timng12, very nice guy, along with the help from bro laona (left) and hondaker (right). Thanx bros!

post-34-1147853102.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

since my mum wont allow the tank into the house bare, had to do something to the stand. got some plywood to cover the sights. cost me quite a bit. din know wood nowadays so ex....

testing them...

post-34-1147853362.jpg

• SRC Member

spent the friday night painting, and sunday morning too. after 2 coats, felt that its quite nice. should have gotten the glossy paint though. the effect of matt black din really turn up very nice.

post-34-1147854068.jpg

• SRC Member

din wanna use a bigger PVC pipe as the strainer, so made an acrylic box. long and flat, so that in the future if i wan to can add in another overflow pipe if i wish to increase the turn over rate.

made a serious error here. logic failed me and i forgot that near empty plastic containers are super bouyant, and will shoot right up out of the water....

post-34-1147854399.jpg

• SRC Member

the result of the stupidity and the force of the super bouyant box... cracked my eurobracing. initially epoxyed it to the base of the tank cos water is already running inside the tank, din wanna empty out 240L of water. held for a while. gave way suddenly.

no problems to the functionality, but just quite unsightly.

post-34-1147854786.jpg

• SRC Member

remedy: i glued a 1 foot by 1 foot plastic sheet underneath the box, inserted it into the tank, and covered it over with sand. hoping the weight will anchor it down. din work, so added another 2 smaller pieces of PVC pipes inside to hold it down when its gonna be shooting up. i think after adding rocks over the plate, should be able to hold it down well.... HOPE.

post-34-1147854921.jpg

• SRC Member

sump area:

pipings a lil unsightly, but i think its quite fine still.

the overflow pipe down to the filter too heavy, resting on the filter wool now. will have to get something to keep it up.

post-34-1147855196.jpg

• SRC Member

salt added. running now. dropped in 6 tablets of bacteria starter. hope will cycle a lil faster.

view from the door. was how it looked like on monday night. have not gone back to take a look at it now.

post-34-1147855294.jpg

• SRC Member

from the dining area: think it looks quite ok. looks a lil slanted, or is it juz my eyes...?

question: the colour blends in well with the furniture? i thought i does, my mum thinks otherwise. initially.

post-34-1147855402.jpg

• SRC Member

Hi, might wanna be careful of the highlighted area.

Potential problem since your main tank water level

is high and also near to your sump. Dun wanna

accidentally trip the whole house.

Well done on the stand !!!

That piece is hard work man ! :whistle

Now have to wait patiently while it cycles. :snore:

post-34-1147857308.jpg

• SRC Member

bro maxstar81:

yeah, i tried out the water level. its high, but will not everflow even when the pipe fails. sump just runs dry. only worry is the pipe leaking, but most prob will move the plugs in.

bro Tigger:

yeah, the chiller is supposed to sit where bro maxstar circled. stupid me forgot bout it, and allowed my dad to shift the tank all the way in. not possible for me to shift it already. think will have to thnk of another way... most prob in front of the tank...