• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<_<

my PBT slowly slowly losing weight...

like wat happened to my perc... i dun wan it to dieee!!!

any suggestions?

wanna try macroalgae or those seaweed ?

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

its quite picky on food all of a sudden.. its like mouthing the form 2 flakes that i always feed, den spit it out half the time. it used to be like a vaccum cleaner, now, haiz. headache.

if it gets any worse i will try macroalgae.. cos it doesnt like seaweed...

its quite picky on food all of a sudden.. its like mouthing the form 2 flakes that i always feed, den spit it out half the time. it used to be like a vaccum cleaner, now, haiz. headache.

if it gets any worse i will try macroalgae.. cos it doesnt like seaweed...

cyclopeeze ?

:)

always heard difficulties in rearing PBT from other reefers.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

colinsoon > nice rock scaping u've got there. I like the bridge part. Another nice reef tank in the making ah, keep it up and keep it coming manz. Show some pics of the "Heart" & "Lungs / Livers" of ur tank system leh.

• SRC Member

hahah thanks bro nitro...

my heart and lungs are in a mess right now. thinking of addiing a refuge in but i have no idea. been cracking my head for e last 2 days, in vain. haiz.

will take some fotos and post it up soon. =)

• SRC Member

1- first compartment. water entry point. right now its where my activated carbon and coral chips are being placed.

2- second compartment. my skimmer and FR running insump there.

3- return pump.

4- intended area for the refuge. even made an elevated stand for it, but then i broke the glass. i also realised i the volume of water might not be enough, or substantial enough for the refuge to be of any proper use to the tank.

post-34-1178305381.jpg

• SRC Member

i was hoping to be able to have my refuge in location 2, as there would be enough space for a DSB and chaeto to grow, bt that would mean my skimmer would have to run elsewhere. i was hoping to be able to put it into compartment 1, but it would be too small for the skimmer, hang it outside at location 4 would be a good idea, but then there would be no clearance to remove the skimmer cup. and my sump is juz 6mm, i firmly believe that prolonged hanging will crack or leak the tank.

if i were to have the refuge at location 4, i already found the container to house the refuge, but as i have mentioned i think it might not be enough space for the chaeto to grow, and a sand bed deep enough to be of any proper use. another problem is that how am i going to channel water into the refuge. cos i dun wanna use an additional pump, and if the return from the FR goes in there, it might be too dirty for the refuge, as we all know rowa will produce the brown power, and it will clog up the DSB..

all suggestions are welcome. =)

• SRC Member

that was what i wanted to do initially, but that would involve emptying 2/3 of my display tank out, drag the tank out, insert the sump then reverse the process. as there is only 1 place for me to put the sump in, which is against the wall...

hmmm.

• SRC Member

wah pianz heavy moving... better not try then. Hmmm... another way is get another tank, put it outside & connect the whole system by piping? Then that tank sure can be a solid refugium.

• SRC Member

If u will to do that, then u can use the exisiting sump to juz house all equipments like skimmer, FR, CR, PR etc. Don't even have to put coral chips in the first compartment. In short, it's a equipment only sump, very cool B)

• SRC Member
How about making an extrenal stool like thing for the skimmer to sit on out side the sump at location 4 so no need to hang onto the sump

did consider that, but there is no clearance for my skimmer cup to be removed if i do that. my bottom too short le la. haiz. i think i am gonna go with an external refuge at location 4. solve my headaches...

painted e doors today, and its not dryyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

grrrrrrrrrrr

• SRC Member
If u will to do that, then u can use the exisiting sump to juz house all equipments like skimmer, FR, CR, PR etc. Don't even have to put coral chips in the first compartment. In short, it's a equipment only sump, very cool B)

hahaha i am exploring the idea of the external refuge only tank, but my tank setup is in a way i cant put anything there. if i do my mum will skin me alive...

• SRC Member

finally am using a proper digicam to take foto... e last load of fotos came from my SE K800i. now its from Sony T1...

had a new addition today... can u spot it?

v v glad that they are all out in e open already...

post-34-1178374391.jpg