Clearing some protein skimmers.

• SRC Member

I have 3 protein skimmers to clear quite urgently as I need the cash. Pls try to stay above minimum bid

1)Jebo filter + skimmer

Entry level...for those who want to have a filter and skimmer running. I think most suitable for nanos and such.

min bid $15

2)Prizm with filter gasket for rowa or whatever u wanna put

Previous owner was bro hammy(thanks bro)in good condition...small crack in a place that doesn't affect skimming at all.

min $60(bro hammy hope you don't mind if i let go at this price, if you do pls pm me)

3)Aquamedic Biostar Flotor

My pride and joy, first expensive skimmer(to use on nano). Aquamedic needlewheel, 19W 2000lph pump. Comes with rotating bio sponge to propogate bacteria. Still have warranty until 25th September 2006.

min $220

Bids end on 5th June 2359...please bid via pm and i will update in the thread. Thanks bros, hope to clear everything

• SRC Member
er...which one...abit hard to say...but in terms of quietness i'd rate the aquamedic in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply!

Also, how would you rate the skimming of Jebo? This is the 178 model right? I'm not expecting superb skimming but it is decent enough?

I asked earlier about noise because I'm planning a nano in my bedroom so I'm a little worried that Jebo is noisy.

:D

• SRC Member
pardon me asking, is the aquamedic skimmer the hang on type, enough for a 3 feet tank?

Vincent

bro, enough is a very subjective term. What may be enough to you may not be enough to be and vice versa. I've a friend who uses a prizm on a 4ft. I wouldn't.

However in my general opinion, since this skimmer is rated for 250litres or 65 gallons, it MAY be enough if the stock is moderate. Personally you gotta calculate your tank volume to, coz i can't rem the approx volume for a 3ft.

here's the link, you can tell me if you're interested ok?

http://www.aqua-medic.de/seawater/en/10/biostarflotor/

• SRC Member
Also, how would you rate the skimming of Jebo? This is the 178 model right? I'm not expecting superb skimming but it is decent enough?

I asked earlier about noise because I'm planning a nano in my bedroom so I'm a little worried that Jebo is noisy.

:D

you're right to assume that skimming is not excellent :D . But some skimming is better than no skimming yea :lol: ? The noise level can be controlled by using a longer airtube, if not, i think it is abit noisy compared to the prizm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...