My mega project

Lara

• SRC Member

My present Tank

60 x 20 x 20 inches

Treatment tank system 36 x 20 x 20 inches

Now 8 members : Blue tang, yellow tang, purple tang, powder brown tang, powder blue tang, koly tang, naso tang and nemo.

Light system : MH 150 watts x 2

Skimmer x 1

PS. waiting for put corals and chiller.

any recommend? please do not hesitate :paiseh:

post-34-1149215931.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
erm so many tangs?? They gonna chase each other and fight for territory for sure especially with a small sized tank.

i am so lucky for this case, no anyone fight. they love each other now.

I plan to stop put more fish. Fish is completed for me. I will gradually start for put corals only.

So I have my own sea. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
:o

What recommendations do you want?

Add in calcium reactor, rowaphos, carbon, auto top-up, chiller and thermostate shut down system?

;)

I plan for Lps coral : candy cane, brain, anemone, troch, cynarina, coco worm, buble, plate, doughnut, yellow polyp, hammer, glove, colony, button polyp, star polyp, organ pipe, Xenia.

Is Calcium reactor necessary?

Looking forward to

:) Ps. my old tank pic as attached.

post-34-1149218941.jpg

• SRC Member

If u lazy to monitor calcium level weekly then u need it otherwise a calcium testkit plus calcium powder supplement is good enuf. Maintain 400 - 450 can liao. For sps maybe need slightly more calcium & strongtium, check with the sps experts. U will definately need to stock up iodine and trace elements to feed so much corals u wanna keep. Some need to do target feeding.

• SRC Member
If u lazy to monitor calcium level weekly then u need it otherwise a calcium testkit plus calcium powder supplement is good enuf. Maintain 400 - 450 can liao. For sps maybe need slightly more calcium & strongtium, check with the sps experts. U will definately need to stock up iodine and trace elements to feed so much corals u wanna keep. Some need to do target feeding.

So much thanks., Soul

I will preapre all your sugesstion stuffs. :D

• SRC Member

better get a big beckett or some big needle wheel as it would be an enjoyment to feed them and also keep some pratas or suncoral then target feed but this mean more waste so a big beckett or Needle wheel skimmer is a must....

btw.i would love to have that thank..how thick is the glass?

btw i never bother abt my calcium lv.. havent plug in CR yet and so far its still okay unless u are keep SPS then CR is a must

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
better get a big beckett or some big needle wheel as it would be an enjoyment to feed them and also keep some pratas or suncoral then target feed but this mean more waste so a big beckett or Needle wheel skimmer is a must....

btw.i would love to have that thank..how thick is the glass?

btw i never bother abt my calcium lv.. havent plug in CR yet and so far its still okay unless u are keep SPS then CR is a must

the glass thickness is 10 ml.

I might put by myself for calcium and essential elements because no budget for equipments yet. :paiseh: )

chiller is my first priority.

The CR later, try to have soon

• SRC Member

erm, sis, i think that your no3 will be 100. i dont think weipro is able to handle that type of bioload. the thickness isnt there as well. if electircity cost isnt much of a problem, look around in the forum, alot of people are selling their beckett at dirt cheap price.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

wah chiller for 5 FT, ex .... make sure correct spec to support ur tank size, undersize one will tax ur electricity consumption. Same concept as air condition. Resun brand one of the cheapest and reliable but pipings and joints made of pvc.

Weipro Skimmer i have to agree with w3ish3ng, for ur tank size its not really suitable cos of the fact that u planning to keep all kinds of LS.

10mm glass for 5 FT a bit thin so sandbed need to be thicker to support all ur LR weight gravity better.

• SRC Member
wah chiller for 5 FT, ex .... make sure correct spec to support ur tank size, undersize one will tax ur electricity consumption. Same concept as air condition. Resun brand one of the cheapest and reliable but pipings and joints made of pvc.

Weipro Skimmer i have to agree with w3ish3ng, for ur tank size its not really suitable cos of the fact that u planning to keep all kinds of LS.

10mm glass for 5 FT a bit thin so sandbed need to be thicker to support all ur LR weight gravity better.

So much thanks my dear guys,

Your information is so nice.

I will adjust as much as I can. :lol:

• SRC Member

sis the system is ok.. so i think theres no need for refugim.. cause by right if going to have a refugim,the refugim need to be bigger den yur tank..if not due to long run.. u might be have a tank crash...jst my 2cents.. :)

• SRC Member

yo lara

get a beckett, then u can do away with everything in your sump including your refugium or wool

the other day chuky saw my sump also ma, all empty, its just there for the circulation pumps and dosing of stuff.

let the beckett suck everything out for u and its kept my no3 at 0ppm ever since.

i run a tank of same size as you so trust me and the others when we say weipro cannot keep your nutrient level in check...esp with so many poo-factories, your tangs

as for your tank thickness, mine is same as yours and used for over 2yrs. mine is fully eurobraced top and bottom. the previous owner had 200kg of liverocks inside and was ok for 10mths. when i took over i didn't dare to fool ard so i put only 100kg. up till now still very good. just dun lean the rocks on the walls or stack them too high incase the thickness is really not enough

for chiller i use resun cl650 for 2yrs on this tank. its been able to keep my temperature at 27-29degrees running on aquabee3000 pump. judging from the bill the chiller alone takes up $15/- for elec bills

IF you plan on keeping your tank temperature similar to mine, it hink cl650 is a good buy, otherwise u should go for c0500 which is the next bigger resun model

anyway, judging from your past tank photo, u seem quite experienced! u should do fine la no worries. but if u ever need advice can alwaes pm me or the bros here. all happy to help

• SRC Member

oh ya

let the beckett suck everything means no need to use wool, the beckett should do that job of ###### out dirt

as for coral chips, get rid of them! in the long run thy will trap dirt which will decay giving u a headache with no3. the liverocks and sandbed should have enough bacteria. the coral chips would be insignificant

cheers