Soul's New Tank

Soul

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Ok idea failed badly, water not pressurized enuf to power the beckett. U guys were right but ok lah at least i gave it a try. mmm a very frustrating try i should say kekeke.

Anyway been a bloody long day and i am too tired of working on the tank already, few hrs sleep then i'll hook it up with proper pumps. Haiz ... nite folks~ :snore:

Nite bro :heh:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

K this is the 3rd day running the Beckett, water paremeters taken today :

PH - 8.2

Salinity - 1.021

No3 - about 7mg/l i think judging from the pic

I have yet to install my secret weapon to keeping the water even cleaner as i dont have anymore space in the sump so gotta figure out something ... haiz~

post-34-1156303238.jpg

Very promising looking skimmate... show me the JUICE!!! :lol:

Poor Damsel... anyway you can put a filter or cage over the pump intake? Very cruel leh ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Very promising looking skimmate... show me the JUICE!!! :lol:

Poor Damsel... anyway you can put a filter or cage over the pump intake? Very cruel leh ;)

nvm liao i removed everything living thing in the sump, put in lots of bio balls to cultivate more bacteria to break down waste even faster for the skimmer.

nvm liao i removed everything living thing in the sump, put in lots of bio balls to cultivate more bacteria to break down waste even faster for the skimmer.

Emm... yes and no bro... don't think the bioballs will help the skimmer much... personally, I will remove them as you do not need extra housing for bacteria... your tank is maturing.

As for your GIANT BECKETT... it will work extremely well for your tank size, if it is to be run properly (tuned correctly), don't think there will be anymore excess nutrients for your bioballs to breakdown. Your skimmer will suck everything right into its collection cup (including your Damsels :lol: )

Remember, bio balls (and Denitrators) are only needed if the skimmer is not there to cleanse the water properly in the first place :)

Just for u bro Jervis .. yum seng! Semi wet skimmate ... will try dry setting soon.

Lovely :wub: Now you excites me... cheers!!!

Personally, I wouldn't "dry" the skimmate any further... the skimmate quality looks good to me... wet skimming is much more efficient than dry as it removes more excess nutrients from the water (faster)... and it's easier to clean the collection cup too :lol:

However, do bear in mind that very wet skimming can reduce salinity of water over time (I think)... so do balance that whenever you do your water change :lol:

• SRC Member
wah lao... ur skimmer is HUMONGOUS !!! hahaha ... poor damsel ... i had tt happen to me before when i was using china pumps ... scary thing is tt its own mate was eating his bits ....

yah man its not only huge, the noise it makes sounds just like the aquarium shop if u know what i mean ... <_<

Emm... your NO3 test kit doesn't allow readings lesser than 5 mg/L? Bring it to below 1 since you have your "secret weapon" helping you :lol:

wat tester kit for NO3 u using huh bro? Salifert?

Yupe, Salifert allows for <1 readings. By reading from the side of the test tube, then divide the value by 10... so a reading of 2 = 0.2 mg/l. However, if you are confident your "secret weapon" will help effectively, then as long as your existing test kit shows transparent clear solution... good enough (I guess). Don't waste money buy another set of test kits.

• SRC Member

Yupe, Salifert allows for <1 readings. By reading from the side of the test tube, then divide the value by 10... so a reading of 2 = 0.2 mg/l. However, if you are confident your "secret weapon" will help effectively, then as long as your existing test kit shows transparent clear solution... good enough (I guess). Don't waste money buy another set of test kits.

okie dokie bro~

• SRC Member

walao eh! WTF! :angry: Woke up b4 could goto work found 4 fishes dead arghhhh ... they were fine the night b4. Haiz dunno what to say nor what went wrong ... give up lah i dont buy fish liao for time being. Water parameters seems normal, wonder which farking coral released toxins. :angry:

walao eh! WTF! :angry: Woke up b4 could goto work found 4 fishes dead arghhhh ... they were fine the night b4. Haiz dunno what to say nor what went wrong ... give up lah i dont buy fish liao for time being. Water parameters seems normal, wonder which farking coral released toxins. :angry:

Emm... or could it be your "secret weapon"? :unsure: Yeah find out the source of the problem before further investing in LS.