Soul's New Tank

Soul

Also just collected this from a fellow reefer, solid design i'd say and should work better than conventional wavemakers. I'm still deciding whether to connect to my return line or just direct to a powerhead.

Wow... it looks like a AquaMedic Biostar Flotor... the wet and dry filter :) Do show us how the sponge will look like inside the main tank :) So smart... such a simple idea :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Got this gem this morning ... triplet fugi plates growing on a single rock. Its still releasing its defensive slime will take a few hrs to recover.

very nice coral when it opens up.

• SRC Member

k the bloody thing looked stupid with the bio filter wheel fitted to the head so i decided not to use it. Connected the head directly to a 1400l/hr pump and i must say it works better than seio .. just look at the pulsating waves created above my sps! :o

post-34-1155279894.jpg

• SRC Member

nice!

am considering to get one.. a few questions bro soul:

1. if connected to a return, will there be headloss? is it significant or negligible?

2. what is the area of effect for it lengthwise? meaning to say how far away does it hit...?

3. can it be fitted to a 25mm PVC pipe??

• SRC Member
nice!

am considering to get one.. a few questions bro soul:

1. if connected to a return, will there be headloss? is it significant or negligible?

2. what is the area of effect for it lengthwise? meaning to say how far away does it hit...?

3. can it be fitted to a 25mm PVC pipe??

Firstly there are 3 sizes, get the large sized one.

Answers to your questions :

1. The max output for the large sized head is 1200/h. Its not much but works just as strong as my Seio 820, i guess because the water is pressurised at the tip due to the small arced mouth. Therefore u dont need its output to be more than 1200h/l. I am using it now directly connected to a 1400/h pump.

2. Lengthwise .... it can reach a max effective spray of about 11/2 ft

3. It can be fitted to anything easily as many adaptors are given. U can also buy pvc pipe reducer joints if your pvc is too big in diameter.

• SRC Member

k found out from him that its not sold in Sg so gotta order from the States ... :(

Btw i refit the sponge on lastnite, had a thin film of garlicguard floating on the water surface ... morning when i woke up the film was gone all removed by the sponge. Really good product!

I am gonna use pvc piping and mod the oscillating head just dipping in the middle of the tank pointing downwards .... should reach all areas of the tank when it rotates.

Show us a pix of the sponge in your main tank... kinda curious actually :)

Wanna do a review on this product?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Haha... actually the sponge is not too bad looking lah... yupe cutting it smaller will definitely help :)

Very interesting choice of protein skimmer... do keep us update with the results... show me some goo :D

• SRC Member

Hmm pump runs only on 12w for the tunze pump, thats less than half of what my Atman consumes. Anyway the bubbles level still kindof low no matter how i tune. Probably needs a few days to break in lah. Will keep u guys posted on this product.

In the mean time i go get bz with my Deltec search hehe ...