AQUATRONICA Aquarium Controller

jervismun

Ah... so we are talking about an entire set of equipments altogether... pro series for sure!!! :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

So far as what i know, there is no dimmable eballast for MH, only for T5 or fluroscent tubes.

For IKS, it needs a dimmable eballast from Philips, cannot remember the model off hand. But find it very useful for simulation of sunset/sunrise.

If you have lots of small fishes, it is even more interesting to see them slowly faded away knowing that sun is on the horizon.

:P

• SRC Member
So far as what i know, there is no dimmable eballast for MH, only for T5 or fluroscent tubes.

For IKS, it needs a dimmable eballast from Philips, cannot remember the model off hand. But find it very useful for simulation of sunset/sunrise.

If you have lots of small fishes, it is even more interesting to see them slowly faded away knowing that sun is on the horizon.

Well U learn something every day Reefaholic http://www.sfiligoi.it/acls_en.htm

I shall get the ATI T5 fixture then... heard it comes with a built in computer... once you arrange the tubes according to spec, the computer will simulate the effect all by itself... emm... gonna be an awesome downgrade for me :)

AM will bring it in if any of you guys interested :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Can IKS work with Icecap dimmable e-ballast?

I shall get the ATI T5 fixture then... heard it comes with a built in computer... once you arrange the tubes according to spec, the computer will simulate the effect all by itself... emm... gonna be an awesome downgrade for me :)

AM will bring it in if any of you guys interested :)

Now you need to buy another "controller", more $$$$$ :lol:

Hahaha... this hobby is all about spending money... to some... :wacko:

No news from the LFS yet... dunno if I can get the set this week :(

Haizzz just got a call from LFS, shipment delayed... (kinda predicted actually)... will only get it 2 weeks later :( No point get angry lor... I just need to turn my attention to something else for a while... em... maybe get new corals lor!!!

Since it's delayed... a new diagram to help me cure my itch for the time being... enjoy :P

post-14-1149614674.jpg

• SRC Member

Quite confuse here! Does that mean that with ACLS, normal e-ballast can be use instead of dimmable e-ballast?

Bro Tedb, r u using one of this equip? How much does it cost?

:thanks:

The ACLS is instead of Ur ballast its built in the ACLS dimms both Ur MH and T5

An ACLS for one 400W mh and two T5 is 1800 SGD in Sweden. Im dont have ACLS Yet but plans are 2 of them in the future. I like that it takes care of dimming the Mh when new Bulbs are put in.

• SRC Member

:huh: Thanks bro,

I have actually heard that before but i dont think they are using dimmable eballast? But i doubt anyone will get it.

;)

I have seen it in action and I have to get it. :D My Lighting already have the "Powered by ACLS" sticker hehe. When I started in this hobby there were a lot of gadgets that many reacted by saying do we really need this but I love every step forward. When I first contacted Eneye systems asking about their aquarium computer they said that their aquarium computer was something for bigger public systems but after a discussion they are now breaking grounds on the hobby market. I think that their system is the most updated at the market its only the price level that needs to get adjusted. I hope to see them on market soon. Its a dream system that check´s Nitrate, Nitrit, Amonium, Calcium, PH, Redox, Average hardness, tanktemp, Airtemp, Airhumidity, Salinity, Oxygen, Waterflow And level with a gadget that when put in sump calculates volume and holds it (not with the old dippers and not optic) its connected with WLAN and the controllingboard is wireless. It dimmes and controls more outlets than any system on the market. Reports to mobile phone and homepage. Possible to acsess over internet. Its s dream for anyone who has to leave home. I hope the guys at Eneye gets it on the market soon.

• SRC Member

I have seen it in action and I have to get it. :D My Lighting already have the "Powered by ACLS" sticker hehe. When I started in this hobby there were a lot of gadgets that many reacted by saying do we really need this but I love every step forward. When I first contacted Eneye systems asking about their aquarium computer they said that their aquarium computer was something for bigger public systems but after a discussion they are now breaking grounds on the hobby market. I think that their system is the most updated at the market its only the price level that needs to get adjusted. I hope to see them on market soon. Its a dream system that check´s Nitrate, Nitrit, Amonium, Calcium, PH, Redox, Average hardness, tanktemp, Airtemp, Airhumidity, Salinity, Oxygen, Waterflow And level with a gadget that when put in sump calculates volume and holds it (not with the old dippers and not optic) its connected with WLAN and the controllingboard is wireless. It dimmes and controls more outlets than any system on the market. Reports to mobile phone and homepage. Possible to acsess over internet. Its s dream for anyone who has to leave home. I hope the guys at Eneye gets it on the market soon.

:rolleyes:

Wow.

Its great to see someone sharing the same enthusiasm as me. So its only control 1 MH? and you may need additional unit for more MH? Well cost will be a problem.

Hope you can invite me once you have got hold of it. I love dimming effect just like what IKS can do to T5. And i noticed on particular occassion, especially during full moon. When dusk breaks in, my anthias got very excited and i once look at them very carefully and found out they went on feeding fenzy as there are some sort of eggs or frys being released into the water column. I suspect it may be spawning of my dottyback or my acro crabs. Its amazing to see stuff like that.

:lol:

• SRC Member

The ACLS is instead of Ur ballast its built in the ACLS dimms both Ur MH and T5

An ACLS for one 400W mh and two T5 is 1800 SGD in Sweden. Im dont have ACLS Yet but plans are 2 of them in the future. I like that it takes care of dimming the Mh when new Bulbs are put in.

Thanks for sharing such a great info with us! Btw, do you have any pics of the ACLS as I'm curious on the connection part from the MH to the ACLS since it act as the ballast too. Is it true that the lifespan of the MH will be shorten when it's dimmable?

• SRC Member

hey.. anyone has more info on the iks dimmer?

does it mean i have to get the ballast?

the website also says variable power requires units that accept phase angled output.. meaning its not plug n play?

does the simmod dimmer need a dimmable eballast then?? so do i need the simmod AND variable output outlets??

aquatronica7na.gif

• SRC Member
hey.. anyone has more info on the iks dimmer?

does it mean i have to get the ballast?

the website also says variable power requires units that accept phase angled output.. meaning its not plug n play?

does the simmod dimmer need a dimmable eballast then?? so do i need the simmod AND variable output outlets??

If you gonna dim your T5, then a dimmer ballast is a MUST!

From the info I gathered, if you wanna create the sunrise/ sunset environment for your tank, SIMMOD is a must but I dun think you need a variable socket panel to make it work.

U may wanna contact Reef Depot directly to seek their advise! ;)

• SRC Member

thanks for the info !! Looking at the IKS .. the only drawback is it doesn't have the salinity monitor ..

Now have to figure out whether the ATI powermodul has the dimmable ballast ..

Otherwise it's also additional $$$

great .. now I have 2 options !! :D

aquatronica7na.gif

thanks for the info !! Looking at the IKS .. the only drawback is it doesn't have the salinity monitor ..

Otherwise it's also additional $$$

great .. now I have 2 options !! :D

IKS does have the salinity module, it's the same as the conductivity module.

• SRC Member

I doubt it comes with dimmerable ballast as it's not common that pple will go for it! But u can always chg it to one in order to achieve the sunrise/ sunset effect with IKS!

• SRC Supporter

1stly, ATI does come with dimmable module

2ndly, Aquatronica does have the dimmable function like IKS

maybe should name what AquaTronica has, but IKS dun.

eg :

water leakage detector

salinity probe

internet interface to send email

etc....

not so nice to name too many

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

maybe should name what AquaTronica has, but IKS dun.

To continue your list... gonna be quite long though :lol:

QUANTITY

IKS only 4 plugs in single bar with a max of 16 plugs (4 x 4 power bars)... Aquatronica features 6 plugs in a bar with a staggering 60 plugs (6 x 10 power bars)

EXPANDABILITY

All probes and modules will connect to the power bar instead... so the amount of modules/probes you can connect to 10 power bars can easily reach 100!!! Now, how many tanks are you planning to run at the same time? :lol:

MOBILITY

Aquatronica features an additional Ethernet Module... able to connect and transfer information to your computer wirelessly... also can auto send email (if I'm not wrong)

SIMPLICITY

There is only 1 tiny cable running out of the Control Unit... Aquatronic even allows the user to either connect from the side or from the back (depending on your mounting style or custom cabinet)... as for IKS... let me count... around 13 if I'm not wrong!

INFORMATIVE

The Aquatronica Control Unit features a much larger screen... allowing more information/icons to be featured at any given time... it even allows the display of graphs... useful for setting variable temperature control throughout the day and to view the readings in a graph format (this I've seen it in person and I love it!)

Ok I shall let other bros to add on to the list :)

Note: I have not even mention a single word about $$$ yet.

• SRC Member
1stly, ATI does come with dimmable module

not the ones available now..

unless you special order.. all ati powermoduls are non dimmable ballasts

aquatronica7na.gif

not the ones available now..

unless you special order.. all ati powermoduls are non dimmable ballasts

Yupe... the dimmable module for ATI comes with it's own computer... no need for IKS or Aquatronica... must order then LFS bring in... I heard the price is a staggering 200% of the Powermodul :shock::shock::shock:

The beauty of that product is... you just fit in the recommended tubes in the allocated slots and the computer will do the rest... brilliant :idea::idea::idea:

And I got a feeling the fans will be computer controlled (in terms of intensity) too... if I am not wrong :unsure: