AQUATRONICA Aquarium Controller

jervismun

Better make sure I bring my wallet tomorrow... let's turn this into a mass Aquatronica review site... let's top the chart with 100 pages!!! :o

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:snore::snore::snore:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

:yeah::yeah::yeah: Open up!!!

Hahaha... let me sum up everything!!! This is what I call value for money :lol::lol::lol:

I will provide you guys a full list later... now pls excuse me... I got a rocket to build :lol:

post-14-1151416072.jpg

Just a quick update while reading their manual... at least they provide proper English translations :lol: Very clear indeed :lol: A lot of diagrams too :lol:

• SRC Member
Hahaha... let me sum up everything!!! This is what I call value for money :lol::lol::lol:

I will provide you guys a full list later... now pls excuse me... I got a rocket to build :lol:

Haha.... after the long wait, u finally get wht u want!!! :lol:

Let me show some of the recent update!

The probe attached to the holder!

DSC00143.jpg

Mounting the socket is very easy too! :eyebrow:

DSC00145.jpg

Hey you are 3 steps ahead of me everytime!!! :lol:

Very reassuring... how often do you buy equipments with proper warranty nowadays? Sorry guys, I have to blur it to protect my serial no. :lol:

Bro Lyz, AM forgot to fill up the warranty for the Power Unit (aka Power Bar). Bring it back to be filled up :lol:

2 years warranty for both Controller and Power Unit :)

post-14-1151419184.jpg

• SRC Member
Very reassuring... how often do you buy equipments with proper warranty nowadays? Sorry guys, I have to blur it to protect my serial no. :lol:

Bro Lyz, AM forgot to fill up the warranty for the Power Unit (aka Power Bar). Bring it back to be filled up :lol:

2 years warranty for both Controller and Power Unit :)

Sign... I was the first to collect the TOY and AM can't locate the calibration liquid for Redox! Gonna drop by on Thursday to collect it! <_<

I will take it that the power bar will hv unlimited warranty from AM!

Sign... I was the first to collect the TOY and AM can't locate the calibration liquid for Redox! Gonna drop by on Thursday to collect it! <_<

I will take it that the power bar will hv unlimited warranty from AM!

That bottle you see in my pix is actually the Marine Density (Sg) calibration fluid... not Redox. The REDOX calibration fluid (which is a new thing in the market) will only arrive next shipment.

Aiyo bro... 2 years warranty not enough ah... wan lifetime :lol::lol::lol:

The back of the Controller (aka computer)... Made in Italy :) ... the 2 connectors you see is for the cable to connect to the Power Unit... single cable only... either one of the connectors depending on your mounting style... appreciate the thoughts that goes into the design of this unit.

You guys notice the "No Dustbin" symbol? The Controller comes with a built in rechargeable battery... capable of saving all your datas/settings for a period of 15 hours in the event of a power cut... when the power returns, the screen will show a "power cut" symbol and tells you duration of the power cut... well... nice effort but how often do we get power cuts here in Singapore? :lol::lol::lol:

post-14-1151421125.jpg

The cable... err... expecting it to be a bit less thick lor ;) I guess I can live with it since there is only 1 cable :heh:

post-14-1151423106.jpg

The rest of the cables (all probes) will be connected to the Power Unit instead. The connected USB shown in the pix is actually my Density (Sg) probe. The connection is very tight lor... requires a bit of strength but it's good to stop water caused by minor splashing from entering the USB connectors.

To see the overall view of the Power Unit, you can check out pix posted by bro Lyz77 earlier. This is the amount of equipments/probes you can connect to a single Power Unit (no overlapping).

a) 6 x 3-pin (UK) power outputs

B) 1 x cable to Controller

c) 2 x connection to Temperature Probes

d) 6 x connection to other probes

So this little guy actually has 15 connections in total :shock:

And if you guys want to know how many probes you can connect to a single Controller... hahaha... if I'm not wrong... it's a total of 80!!!

post-14-1151423765.jpg

Looks cool. Eagerly waiting for it to power up! Should be really cool.

Do drop by more often... I am taking this slow... that's why I take pictures and posts along the way... I'm not a very technical person... so must learn... but so far I find the manual very easy to follow and the Menu for the Controller very easy to navigate... it bears the essence of the original Nokia :lol::lol::lol:

I love the "plug and play" function too... no need to install whatsoever, once connected to the Power Unit, the Controller will read the probes immediately :) ... very APPLE computer to me... easy easy easy :lol:

where do the controllable streams plug in to?

Can plug into the normal 3-pin sockets for "on-off" only... but I will wait for the arrival of the dimmable module (equivalent to IKS SIMMOD) to control my Stream 6100 (possibly lighting too). So right now, 1 Power Unit is sufficient... or else have to burn another hole liao :pinch:

It's getting so late already... ok last 3 pix :)

Power up!!! Don't panic... it is showing room temperature :lol:

post-14-1151428376.jpg