• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Nice try ..... Both our DNA r not identical. :P

btw.. the mummy will be mad if his Ping DAD as he already got enuff TANKS and TANGS.... :D:D:D

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

I notice the orientation of the power sockets are alternating between upright and upside down. Is there any specific reason for this?

Bro... sorry for the late reply...

The reason is simple, since the UK Power Unit is sharing the same casing as the rest of the countries (and UK happens to have oversized power plugs ;) )... they have to design it in alternating configurations to fit 6 plugs into the existing casing.

The picture below is a clear illustration of that finding :lol:

There could be other reasons... but this is the most obvious one (to me at least) :heh:

post-14-1151763473.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Tried calibrating the Density probe for the past 1 hr plus and discover something which I'm not sure if it's normal.

When placing the Density probe in the sump, I notice the level of the probe will affect the reading. For those who have the density probe, there's 2 hole at the middle session of the probe!

Reading taken when the probe is abt 2cm submerge in the water.

DSC00159.jpg

Reading taken when the 2 hole of the probe is submerge in the water.

DSC00160.jpg

• SRC Member

I have manage to replace the USB cable using the retracable USB cable which is shorter and neater! I hv check the reading using both retracable and normal cable and there isn't any different! ;)

USB.jpg

When placing the Density probe in the sump, I notice the level of the probe will affect the reading. For those who have the density probe, there's 2 hole at the middle session of the probe!

The holes must be submerged into the water :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Bro... sorry for the late reply...

The reason is simple, since the UK Power Unit is sharing the same casing as the rest of the countries (and UK happens to have oversized power plugs ;) )... they have to design it in alternating configurations to fit 6 plugs into the existing casing.

The picture below is a clear illustration of that finding :lol:

There could be other reasons... but this is the most obvious one (to me at least) :heh:

Thanks! Sounds logical.

Haiz... sent some pix to Aquatronica... and hear nothing from them yet... probably they are too busy with the World Cup or my tank is simply not good enough :(

Ok remaining toys... sorry for the delay guys... I am learning this along the way... slowly and meticulously... so I can't really rush into it and finish everything within 3 days.

Knowing the exact parameters is one thing... making good use of the readings is another... Aquatronica provided me the info... it is now my job to make the best out of the new knowledge and possibilities... don't you agree what this product is all about? :P

post-14-1151831801.jpg

Level Sensor... need a bit of "putting the pieces together" but it's easy... there's a diagram included to help :) The construction/design is pretty simple and standard for this sensor. But I like the fact that the float sensor is protected by a transparent inverted cup. This IMO can reduce the chances of it being affected by other objects in the sump and also curious snails.

Already connected to my Control Unit via Power Unit. Pretty straight forward application actually... the Water Level Sensor will provide 2 readings only.

1) LIV 1 - Lowest

2) LIV 2 - Highest

So in LIV 1, the Control Unit will activate the dosing pump. LIV 2 will deactivate the dosing pump. There are more controls/settings available which I will explore a bit more later. Can also set the max top-up time to avoid adding a huge amount of freshwater (in some cases).

So will update you guys more on this tonight :lol:

post-14-1151833622.jpg

This is a unique Interface with 2 connectors:

1 Temperature + 1 Level

or 2 Temperature

or 2 Level

I bought this extra interface because I foresee adding more probes :)

Note: Both Temperature and Water Level Sensor do not require an interface. You can connect direct to the Power Unit. However, if you need more probes... you can get another Power Unit (aka Socket Bar) or get the Interface shown below.

post-14-1151834440.jpg

Hehe sidetrack a bit... the Control Unit can also be PASSWORD protected... particularly useful when you have kids at home :pinch:

Beware: The Aquatronica Control Unit looks a bit like an old-fashion PSP :lol:

post-14-1151834724.jpg

• SRC Member
Haiz... sent some pix to Aquatronica... and hear nothing from them yet... probably they are too busy with the World Cup or my tank is simply not good enough :(

They are still admiring your setup.

Give them some time to drool first :lol:

• SRC Member
But I like the fact that the float sensor is protected by a transparent inverted cup.

IMO, I think the the inverted cap is to prevent water ripple on the surface which affect the level sensor. The level in the cup should give a more stable level, hence more stable feedback to the controller. :)

IMO, I think the the inverted cap is to prevent water ripple on the surface which affect the level sensor. The level in the cup should give a more stable level, hence more stable feedback to the controller. :)

Thanks bro for your input :) ... I like the word "more stable feedback to the controller"... that's very important :)

Some new items... coming up this September...

Extracted from www.Aquatronica.com

ACTIVE HUB (cod. ACQ215)

Active hub allows other aquatronica accessories to be connected to the aquarium controller system, when every connector on the multioutlets is already being used for other connections.

The active hub consists in 6 data connectors (USB-type) and a power jack to connect the adapter. The adapter supplied complies with all applicable standards.

TECHNICAL DATA

I/O connectors: 6

power supply voltage: 115V 60 Hz - 220V 50 Hz

max working current: 500 mA

post-14-1151887463.jpg

This is what we really really need right now... AM can something be done here? :thanks:

240 mV CALIBRATION SOLUTION (cod. ACQ410-RX)

The 240 mV calibration solution allows the redox electrode to be calibrated correctly.

The solution can be used for electrodes immersed in soft water or salt water.

the solution is available in 100ml bottles

post-14-1151887548.jpg

This is what I've been waiting for... already ordered a piece btw... coming Sept/Oct 06...

DOSING PUMPS (cod. ACQ450)

Aquatronica dosing pumps guarantee the possibility of metering liquids in your aquarium.

the module consists in 3 peristaltic pumps which function independently and allow the following types of dosage:

* single dosage: allows a pre-established quantity of the substance to be administered at a set time and on set days;

* repeated dosage: allows a dosage to be repeated at regular intervals (hours - days);

* weekly dosage: allows the desired dosage to be administered only on set days of the week;

* diffused dosage: the desired substance is administered evenly over a set time lapse.

Aquatronica dosing pumps also administer substances on the basis of data provided by the electrodes connected to the system; this innovative function allows you to automatically correct the water biological balance.

There are also 3 optional connectors which in future will allow stirring systems to be connected to the module; this will allow the metering of semi liquid substances (which would tend to deposit).

TECHNICAL DATA

Power supply voltage: 115V 60Hz - 220V 50Hz

Number of pumps: 3

Min. resolution: 1 ml

Accuracy: ± 5%

post-14-1151887684.jpg

The gadget that bro Lyz77 been talking about... I think I will let him try it out first since he is more IT than me :lol: I love the fact that it enables me to not just MONITOR but to CONTROL my tank from 10000 miles away!!!

ETHERNET MODULE (cod. ACQ225)

Thanks to the Ethernet module and a remote connection, it is possible to dialogue via internet or LAN networks.

This allows the user to check the Aquarium Controller in two distinct ways:

* by connecting from any internet point, via a browser;

* by connecting to a LAN network.

In both cases, it is possible to monitor the aquarium data and carry out a number of the most important settings.

It is also possible to enable email alarm management (you receive a message at the desired email address if a malfunction occurs).

post-14-1151887807.jpg

Most probably I will try this one out first... if it is not too complicated to make it work :) Maybe a bit difficult... coz if I'm not wrong, local mobile operators do not allow 2 SIM cards working at the same time... really need to check it out before ordering :o If possible... "shiok" coz I'm using a PDA phone :)

GSM MODULE (cod. ACQ240)

Thanks to the GSM module and a remote connection, it is possible to dialogue via a mobile phone.

There must be a SIM card from any mobile phone company (not supplied) inside the GSM module. This makes it possible to receive considerable information about the condition of your aquarium, such as:

* triggered system alarms

* black-out warnings and a subsequent signal when the power is turned back on (thanks to the internal battery)

* you can ask the control unit for the list of water chemical values

* send and receive sms messages just like any normal mobile phone

The firmware inside the GSM module can be continually updated on-line.

TECHNICAL DATA

Power supply voltage: 115V 60Hz - 220V 50Hz

SIM connector: inside the module

Antenna: supplied

• SRC Member

the start of over reliance on too much data ..

for some weird reasons the salinity started fluctuating up to 1150!! :o

recalibrated and still same .. <_<<_<<_<<_< refractometer shows constant 1.024.. maybe the probe is faulty liao ..

pH fluctuations +/- 0.2 (seems normal .. lowest at midnight)

Temp variations from my in tank thermometer also .. sigh

Wonder what else is going to happen

aquatronica7na.gif

• SRC Member
the start of over reliance on too much data ..

for some weird reasons the salinity started fluctuating up to 1150!! :o

recalibrated and still same .. <_<<_<<_<<_< refractometer shows constant 1.024.. maybe the probe is faulty liao ..

pH fluctuations +/- 0.2 (seems normal .. lowest at midnight)

Temp variations from my in tank thermometer also .. sigh

Wonder what else is going to happen

I have a hard time calibrating the Density probe which takes me easily an hours! Not sure if the density probe works well as I notice my tank salinty didn't go down after my water top up! Strange! :unsure:

Did u dip the entire probe into the bottle of calibration fluid? That's how I do my calibration! :)

I have a hard time calibrating the Density probe which takes me easily an hours! Not sure if the density probe works well as I notice my tank salinty didn't go down after my water top up! Strange! :unsure:

Did u dip the entire probe into the bottle of calibration fluid? That's how I do my calibration! :)

Bro Lyyz77 answered ur questions... those holes must be filled with water :)

Mine showing sign of decrease everytime I change water (done 3 times so far) coz I am trying to bring down my Density.

• SRC Member

Bro Lyyz77 answered ur questions... those holes must be filled with water :)

Mine showing sign of decrease everytime I change water (done 3 times so far) coz I am trying to bring down my Density.

Maybe the sensor is not that highly sensitive to minor salinity chg! After using the Desinty probe, I oso notice that my salinty is way too high compare to my hydrometer which have a diff of abt 0.002g/l.

Will need to schedule for a water chg this weekend! Bro Jevis, may need to borrow your refractometer to double chk on my Desinty probe as till now, I'm still quite doubtful abt the reading! :unsure: