ATI PowerModul

jervismun

• SRC Member

Err... becoz I have a job and I have $0.00 in my bank? ;)

hahaha.. this is a good one. :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Wah bro... setting a trap for me ah... if I say yes, I will "kena" shoot upside-down... inside-out... there are a lot of very successful MH users out there leh... nevertheless what we can see with our eyes can be very deceiving... I shall let my corals speak for itself...

For comparison sake:

Old:

Solite Type 03 (3ft) - sit on top of my tank approx. 8cm from water surface

2 x 150W MH BLV Nepturion 14000ºK + 2 x DD Aquablue Plus HO T5 39W

New:

ATI Powermodul (3ft) - hang on top of my tank approx. 10cm from water surface

4 x ATI Aquablue Spezial 39W + 2 x ATI Blue Plus 39W

haha sori bro dont mean to entrap u hahaha...

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

Lucky I am quite smart... :lol::lol::lol:

See... my Leather becomes more hairy than before :lol:

post-14-1149872180.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

hey this ati module comes with fan rite? any noise ? now u got me itchy as well hahaha

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

hey this ati module comes with fan rite? any noise ? now u got me itchy as well hahaha

Yes... the 6 tubes version comes with 3 fans... noise is somehow inevitable especially when you have 3 of them running at the same time. However, the speed of the fan is adjustable (5 to 6 different speeds) so if not an especially hot day, I will not go full blast!

This piece of information was provided to me:

The ATI Powermodul's fans sucks air into the casing, the air will not get direct contact with the light tubes hence greatly increasing its lifespan... the air will be separated from the tubes by the reflectors. The air is used to cool the E ballasts... then sip through the side of the reflectors... flowing through the surface between the tubes and the plexi-glass protector... then directed to one end of the fixture with vents... sounds quite convincing to me :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Ok time to reveal something really UNCOOL about this fixture... one that sorta turn me off (a little)... it's a nice idea to have a single thick wire out instead of 3... but a thick cheap-looking grey wire is quite a bad choice. The location of the outlet is also quite unstrategic so now I have a wire hanging out from the left side of my tank :pinch:

pic will look nicer without those finger print ya?

Wise investment! Very impressive!!!

Actually I have the following people to thank:

1) Bro Qxnviolet - His Solite T5 fixture was the first 4 tubes T5 I've seen on a 3ft tank and I was amazed by the brightness... that was when I started toying with the idea of downgrading

2) Bro Hammy - For sharing with me how satisfied he is with his 2ft T5... and encouraging me getting a 6 tubes fixture... we also had many conversations on T5 vs. MH and ATI vs. other brands

3) Bro Altantis - For upgrading all his tubes to ATI as soon as the stocks arrived... although have not seen his tank after the upgrading... his pix and corals show so much improvements

4) AM - For bringing in such an amazing product... I've shop around and I've considered a few brands... nothing comes close... AM if you are reading this... bring in more tubes... no point of distributing such a great product and the supply doesn't meets the demand :P

:bow::bow::bow: for all of you... I am very happy today :bow::bow::bow:

Wow, the fans have controllable speed. Inovative.

Hehe... very innovative indeed...

Here's my last pix of the day... will update more tomorrow :lol:

post-14-1149876129.jpg

how many switches are there? Meaning can i just on 2 tubes or 4 tubes etc?

2 separate power plugs... 1 for White... 1 for Blue

Configurations are as follow (Left to right):

White • Blue • White • White • Blue • White

Another power plug is for the fan with built-in speed controller :)

post-14-1149876561.jpg

Great looking lightset!

May I ask, what is your lighting schedule like?

This is my new lighting schedule:

2.30pm to 4.30pm (2 hours) - Blue x 2

4.30pm to 11.30pm (7 hours) - White x 4 + Blue x 2

11.30pm to 12.30am (1 hour) - Blue x 2

The 3 in-built fans will on/off together with my Blue tubes :)

1 hour of BLUEs... I am quite amazed by the corals reacting to the new tubes... normally they will not open so fully under blue light... considering only 1 hour of exposure and very little sunlight from my heavily curtained window.

This pix has not gone through any photo editing for colour enhancement (whatsoever)... with my previous MH, I always have to tweak my photos coz they usually turn out greenish... another plus point of this so-called downgrading... so that I can spend lesser time on photo editing software... more time reefing and SRCing :lol:

post-14-1149923920.jpg

Approx. 1 hour running the WHITEs (together with the BLUEs)... this pix has not gone through any colour correction (whatsoever) :)

post-14-1149930892.jpg

As far as my Hammer goes... seems pretty happy... as if it can't tell the difference between MH and T5 :lol:

Important Note: I urge all interested bros and sis to keep visiting this review (from time to time) coz I will continue reviewing this product for the coming weeks. The corals may look happy now... but who knows what will happen one week later... so do drop by and see the corals for yourself :lol:

post-14-1149931163.jpg

Here's how the hanging looks like... extremely sleek actually... damn ######... so much better than I've anticipated :lol:

IMHO the LFS I bought from did a fantastic job in installing the unit... not only that, I appreciate the fact that they take extra precautions to ensure my study room is not messed-up by the drilling :)

post-14-1149932331.jpg

A close up of the hanging mechanism... this little gadget will allow easy adjustment... up down... tiltling of the angle... if I am to get a spare set of hands, I will shoot how the mechanism is to be operated :) ... perhaps get a tripod or something :blink:

post-14-1149932502.jpg

About the tubes:

The combination of the tubes give a rather WHITE with a bit of PINK/BLUE in it... extremely eye-pleasing... the effect is quite similar to the Aqua Medic Aqualine 16000ºK MH bulb I saw at Aqua Mart's show tank... I wanted to upgrade to that bulb originally with a price tag of close to $200 a piece... but that time no stock...

The pinkish hue also enhances the colour of my fishes... if any LFS is to use this combo lighting in their fish tanks... surely they can sell their fishes 25% more than others :lol::lol::lol: I think people will pay coz the colour enhancement is pretty obvious :)

Oh I must add something... I miss the "shimmering effect" a little :(

Brudder, thanks for keeping us all updated about this piece of T5 jewel.

Went AM this afternoon and seen their 2 ft display wif this unit on.

Breathtaking constrast. One thing that still puzzle me is the fans.

Did you mentioned that the speed could be varies manually? Or does it comes on automactically when the temperature heats up? Coz didn't see any switches on it.

Brudder, thanks for keeping us all updated about this piece of T5 jewel.

Went AM this afternoon and seen their 2 ft display wif this unit on.

Breathtaking constrast. One thing that still puzzle me is the fans.

Did you mentioned that the speed could be varies manually? Or does it comes on automactically when the temperature heats up? Coz didn't see any switches on it.

Yes the speed of the fans are controllable manually... ATI does have a version where both the intensity of the light tubes (with dimming function) and the fans are computer controlled. That will be my next TOY :lol::lol::lol:

Yupe... since you mentioned it (I didn't brought that up coz I dun wan to advertise for them too much... since I am not paid :pinch: to do this)... their 2ft nano display is so damn impressive under the ATI Powermodul. Their old Atman (I think) MH fixture cannot even come close... I heard from them the corals adapt quite well... but the Purple Tang inside developed minor white spots due to the sudden change of light intensity... personally I think their scaping doesn't allow much room for the fishes to hide especially for that oversized PT :P:P:P

Here's a pix of my Lime Green Gonio :lol: As happy as ever... if not more... the RBTA seems happier too with fatter tentacles... I will post before and after pix later :)

post-14-1149943128.jpg

BEFORE

Pix taken 7 June 06 7.15pm - The tentacles are now so rounded and fat... somewhat irregular in shape... and it moves around a bit upsetting my other corals... my Red Gonio being one of the casualties :(

post-14-1149944112.jpg

AFTER

Here's a pix of my RBTA taken 15 minutes ago... the tentacles are evenly rounded... have not move an inch since yesterday :lol::lol::lol: Notice its colours are also enhanced?.. at least to our ###### eyes and to the camera lense :nc:

post-14-1149944285.jpg

Since we touched on the fans... here's how the adaptor looks like... em... kinda ugly looking actually... very similar to my Tunze Osmolator... chunky and bulky. It's a normal 2-pin and the fans speed controller is on the right side... currently I set the fans to highest speed.

I actually expect this adaptor to be a bit more refined looking :lol:

And of course when it comes to safety... they have the CE... blah blah blah... I always believe that products fit for sale in Europe (especially Germany, UK and France) will feature the highest safety standards. The safety assurance is very very important to me coz most of the equipments (such as powerheads and pumps) run almost 24/7... and I don't have a maid at home to help look after the tank while I'm away for work or travel :pinch:

post-14-1149945771.jpg