ATI PowerModul

jervismun

Paiseh..One more question;

Wat's the thickness(height) and width of your 3ft ATI PM har ;) ?

Hahaha you ask the most difficult question coz this one I need to physically go and measure... let me see...

Thickness (Height): 6cm

Width: 35cm

Here's a pix to remind you guys how ###### the Powermodul is :lol:

And adjusting it is so damn easy... it's so so convenient to move it up and down :rolleyes:

1) Up down: Press the little tip (between the cable and the stainless steel tube) and the lightset can be easily slide up and down... once release, the grip is so so strong... so tiny yet strong and precise... if this is a China made product... good luck lor :lol: Probably the Chinese will design something 3 times the size... just to be sure <_<

2) Tilting: This lightset can also be tilted if you feel that the light is too glaring (depending on your fixing height). Just loosen the screw (at the bottom of the stainless steel tube) and the lightset is ready to tilt... wonderful!

post-14-1150817940.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahaha you ask the most difficult question coz this one I need to physically go and measure... let me see...

Thickness (Height): 6cm

Width: 35cm

Here's a pix to remind you guys how ###### the Powermodul is :lol:

And adjusting it is so damn easy... it's so so convenient to move it up and down :rolleyes:

1) Up down: Press the little tip (between the cable and the stainless steel tube) and the lightset can be easily slide up and down... once release, the grip is so so strong... so tiny yet strong and precise... if this is a China made product... good luck lor :lol: Probably the Chinese will design something 3 times the size... just to be sure <_<

2) Tilting: This lightset can also be tilted if you feel that the light is too glaring (depending on your fixing height). Just loosen the screw (at the bottom of the stainless steel tube) and the lightset is ready to tilt... wonderful!

Thanks.. bro jervismun :bow:

I think this is the right set i looking for liao...Thin & ###### outlook with excellence lighting color !

Mind setted.. :eyebrow: Chiong...liao :P:D:lol: !!!

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

no more 3 ft liao..some bro got it...

And that bro was you lor... so when r u getting yours installed?!? Do you think I should create an icon for "ATI Powermodul Member" to be inserted into our signature? :lol::lol::lol: Maybe also another icon for "ATI Tubes Member"... what you guys think? :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

:whistle:whistle

Your current avatar expresses your look so so well... :lol::lol::lol:

Those bros already gotten their PowerModul running... kindly post a before and after pix for the benefit of other bros esp. potential buyers... sometimes buying decision needs a little convincing ;)

:bow::bow::bow:

Please PM me if you guys interested to have a ATI Powermodul Icon to be included into your signature. If it's worth it, I will design one.

• SRC Member

Thanks, look like dimmable version is just a marketing gimmick if it needs another controller like IKS.

Maybe worth checking on Giesmann moonlight which supposely have dimmable function all built-in in a fixture. But the reflector etc MAY loss out to ATI. :thanks:

I've visit AM myself to get more details. :thanks:

• SRC Member

Hi,

Sorry, should be Giesmann sunrise series.

Anyway, checked the website but they don't have 80W model. Only up to 54W version.

Any idea how much it cost just to get Aquatronica or IKS light control unit? :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Oh guys... before you guys rush down to "the LFS" and made your order for the dimmable version of the ATI Powermodul, please confirm this with the LFS:

1) If I am not wrong, my 6 tubes lightset uses 3 e-ballasts... just got confirmation from a kind bro... the e-ballasts used inside is in fact Osram... but a modified version to further enhance its power... and I heard the modified Osram is proprietory to ATI (meaning you can't get it else where... unless you purchase from existing Powermodul users)

2) The dimmable version of the ATI may not come with all dimmable e-ballasts... maybe 1 or 2 out of the 3 (for 6 tubes)... you need to balance this with the amount of extra you ended up paying for the ballasts. Basically the dimmable/non-dimmable versions are identical except the e-ballasts only.

Guys... for those already bought the Powermodul... I got a feeling upgrading 1 or 2 of our e-ballasts to dimmable (I heard news it can be done) shouldn't be too hard... I believe there will be a demand for "week-old-original-modified-ATI-eballast".

To avoid bros competing with each other, perhaps we should all agree on a pricing guidelines to maintain the e-ballasts value in the Pasar Malam market... as all of our ballasts are only "weeks-old". Do PM me to discuss further :lol:

Honestly, I might not sell my original ballasts... keep it for maintenance in the future... I'm sure there will be a need... or some desperate bro out there that might need a replacement along the way...

Let's form a ATI PM group :lol::lol::lol:

Any idea how much it cost just to get Aquatronica or IKS light control unit? :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Bro... RD already publish the retail price on their site. You can check with them if the stock is already in or need to order from Europe.

From RD:

iks aquastar SIMMOD 0 (1) -10V

This 4-channel module allows the multitude of simulations of light and current that the iks aquastar and iks aquastar midi systems provide to be used to their greatest effect. All you require to be able to dim fluorescent tubes are electronically dimmable ballast units (ECG e.g. Osram (Quicktronic®) , Philips (HF-Regulator) etc.).

Contact the manufacturer of your particular lighting for details of the appropriate ballast units ! In its "System 60", the German company Giesemann Lichttechnik (Giesemann Lighting) provides a suitable lighting unit with the appropriate means of connection. We recommend the iks aquastar luxus lamps, developed specially for this interface and extremely easy to use.

But current pumps with an output of up to several kilowatts can be controlled by means of this module and so-called frequency converters. This may be of interest particularly for larger systems.

Technical data

- Black housing for external mounting.

- External dimensions : 9 cm x 10 cm x 2,6 cm

- Connecting cable (for iks aquastar (L1, L2, L3 and/or L4) or iks aquastar midi (L1 and/or L2)), 6 feet long.

- 8 terminals for connecting to the ballast unit (ECG) (2 per channel).

post-14-1150863003.jpg

• SRC Member

i think my fish can tahan the shock..,.i don want to shock myself with more toys...... i can buy a XBOX 360 with those $$ spend on lights :cry:

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

Thanks, but seem like that module is not complete. I'm expecting to see some controllable setting, buttons etc.

It's ok, I'll find out myself. :thanks:

Yupe I have to agree with you... it is incomplete... unless you wanna spend $2000 on a computerized T5 lightset... or allocate some of that money for an IKS/Aquatronica that can do the same job and lots more...

i think my fish can tahan the shock..,.i don want to shock myself with more toys...... i can buy a XBOX 360 with those $$ spend on lights :cry:

But we shouldn't give up just like that lar... I thought you have a plan... for those who already/getting a computer system... the dimming function can be a nice addition... those without the computer will find it too much an investment... it's like buying a new landed house (with car park) just because you own a car now :);)

• SRC Member

And that bro was you lor... so when r u getting yours installed?!? Do you think I should create an icon for "ATI Powermodul Member" to be inserted into our signature? :lol::lol::lol: Maybe also another icon for "ATI Tubes Member"... what you guys think? :P

ok ok..i got the last ATI POWERmodul but Janet run out of the ATI Tubes so when the ATI t5 tubes arrived i can exchange the aquamedic tubes with the ATI

me a MH user so here the review and this is the first t5 i have used

Pros

1) now the change is chiller running less than normal. ;)

2) Not so hot....its sauna in the living room.with the heat expelled from the MH. :peace:

3) Color wise. :bow: Not so yellowish as compare to MH. Maybe i'm using 2*10k + 1*14k

4) Save electricit ofcoz...

5) Save space. my previous MH got 2 ballast... This ATI powermodul built in ballast.

Cons

1) The electric cable too short, i need to visit my neighbourhood electrical shop to lengthen the cable... :snore:

2) Price on the high side. :pirate:

3) No shivering effect anymore

Andcoz. i'm impressed with the design...of the ATI powermodul and its not fully "up" yet as its fire with Aquamedic Tubes not ATI tubes..therefore i will expect the color and brightness to be better...in 2 weeks time..

i spend more on my pets than me... my dog got annual medical check-up dental care and my fish sleep in aircon....with expensive lightings... :cry:

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

Just adding my comment which is subjective;

It's worthwhile to invest if you think you'll stay in this hobby for some time. But read more and think twice before buying.

At the most, wait for a few months to save up the money.

Don't followed my past mistakes;

When I started, I bought 1 Giesmann ECO230(250W DE MH), 1 Aqualight Giga( 250W SE MH) and 1 Aqualight Mega(250DE MH).

Discovered that the light intensity, colour is different among all the 3 lights fixture even using same manufacturer bulb(due to ballast difference, reflector and difference between SE and DE bulbs).

Bought all of them new set and cost about $4k for them. I was impatience at that time and didn't want to wait, bought any MH fixture available at shop as long as it's MH @ 250W.

In the end sold for less than $800 for all of them, and spend another $1k+ to get 3 x250W aqualight fixture.

And now thinking of ATI powermodule.... Imagine the money wasted.

Feel so idiot even to write up this..... :peace::paiseh:

• SRC Member

that's how ppl learn...ofcoz...every toys will get better and better,.,,just see as upgrade and ofcoz with the FISCAL handout for the GOVT..then we spend on it..and help the economy loh...

and Janet become happy with those $$ she earned, her disposable income increase, she spend more $$ on other things.. maybe we will benefit from that.. (so call multiplier effect) and in the end everyone happy loh..

ofcoz those who do not spend but just save and save will be "happy" to increase the number of zeros in the bank statement but will not have the chance to enjoy some toys... <<paradox of saving..

:off::off:

sorry too off topics..to much econs liao..

so can someone help me..to increase my disposable $$...buy my MH.....refer to the pasar malam.... there someone offer me $150 even after i throw in the temp controller. :(

:off::off::off:

• SRC Member

ok...another feedback..my gonipora (maybe wrong spelling) don open well as compare to my MH which is 1*150+ 2*250....

but i can see the pink zoos in better coloration..

maybe situation will improve with ATI tubes

Bro, I think your downgrade from 650W is way too extreme... perhaps you wanna switch on your lights for extra long hours... say 4 hours longer than usual for the first week, then slowly decrease back to normal timing... this will help your corals acclimatize to the new lighting :)

• SRC Member

no lah..i don always on the 650W of lights..just the 150W of lights..no SPS don want to waste..but i did try to switch on the 2*250W (10k) using a timer of 2hr /day. coral growth is fantastic but..color..very yellowish lei

no lah..i don always on the 650W of lights..just the 150W of lights..no SPS don want to waste..but i did try to switch on the 2*250W (10k) using a timer of 2hr /day. coral growth is fantastic but..color..very yellowish lei

Well if that's the case... once the ATIs are in... u will be able to see your corals smiling again... I can be quite sure about that :)

Another thing... how high up is your lightset? How many inches away from water surface? I've seen your previous MH set and it was quite far away from the water surface :o