Frustration of buying equipments locally

chrisyew

• SRC Member

Wonder if you guys/gals ever experience the frustration of buying equipments and be told that "No stock" and don't know when have stocks. These usually for smaller tank size like 2ft; not so sure same for 3ft and 4ft though.

Even things like skimmers, light tubes, light set are also the same. Believe such things are commonly used by new reefers and also hobbyists who wish to upgrade or change. Also it seems that the lfs may not be replenishing the stock so soon.

I'm not talking about slow moving items and unknown brand. I really hope that our lfs can have more stocks and replenish more frequently.

Share your thoughts and experience on these but no flaming pls.

used to have this problem ...

now it seem that all the stuff are more readily available.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Think in marine LFS we will see more of such problems??? Cause light sets and all this not everyday got pple will buy.. sp bring in less. And most of the equipments are from overseas(not our neighbouring countries) lo. Need to wait for shipments. Esp. marine stuff.

Anyway hi chris, i'm a member of sgguppies club. Heard of your big name but never seen u before. Glad that u are into marine too..:)

• SRC Member
Think in marine LFS we will see more of such problems??? Cause light sets and all this not everyday got pple will buy.. sp bring in less. And most of the equipments are from overseas(not our neighbouring countries) lo. Need to wait for shipments. Esp. marine stuff.

Anyway hi chris, i'm a member of sgguppies club. Heard of your big name but never seen u before. Glad that u are into marine too..:)

Sure got chance to me especially at marine lfs hehe.... not so many of them. I'm usually around the east side.

Finally managed to get the last few pcs of 24W ATI tubes juz now after 2 unfruitful attempts loh. Now waiting for the Macro or Solite 4 tubes 2ft lightset....