Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Night time... amazing details in BLUE :fear:

post-34-1158849095.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice... i fed my gonio without light 2day :o

must i wait till they open up? :(

nice prata, hope i can get 1 as red as yours too :evil:

oh , and ???? for ur Sydney trip.

any present? :lol:

Present? emm... nothing exciting from Australia leh :lol:

You should feed them when they fully extended... day time is the best... applicable to almost all corals :)

My Red Prata? Haha... a bit photoshop lah :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Is tat an Urchin on the right side??? :shock:

It is... hehe :heh: despite all the negative reports... this small specimen been well behaved... mainly spending time on glass panels especially the top corners :)

• SRC Member

It is... hehe :heh: despite all the negative reports... this small specimen been well behaved... mainly spending time on glass panels especially the top corners :)

Used to have 1 urchin in my tank & it keeps moving around on the sandbed.

But give it away after abt 2mths as I was so worried that it will POKE my plate one day. :lol::lol::lol:

Used to have 1 urchin in my tank & it keeps moving around on the sandbed.

But give it away after abt 2mths as I was so worried that it will POKE my plate one day. :lol::lol::lol:

Haha... well mine doesn't venture on the sand bed... coz there isn't much room for it to move around :lol: It prefers to conquer the glass panels instead :heh:

They are known to consume coralline algae though... but will have to transfer it to my new tank together with the other corals and inverts... coz will not use a chiller anymore... will go FOWLR without chiller :nc:

• 2 weeks later...
hmmm... the urchin needs cool water ah ? have fun on your trip !

Oh really? Well... i shall move it to the new tank then :unsure:

I'm BACK!!! 9 days of NOT maintaining my tank...

post-34-1159776888.jpg

Algae everywhere as predicted... well... they do help feed my fishes... so shouldn't complain too much :lol:

Headcount... no MIA :)

post-34-1159776970.jpg

All GREEN... everywhere :sick:

post-34-1159777097.jpg

And RED too <_<

post-34-1159777165.jpg

:shock: put a few more tangs in and they will help u feast all the greens :evil:

I already have 3 Tangs... dun think I should introduce anymore... gotto rely on hand harvest then <_<

finally u are back !

wow, didnt realise the tank has become so green.

well, more work to do now ... heh heh

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Luckily I hook up the Tunze Filter... 10 days of filtering :o

post-34-1159783487.jpg

My Magnet Cleaner... a nice place to breed Amphipods :lol:

post-34-1159783638.jpg

• SRC Member
And RED too <_<

Whoa, that's alot of algae...

Can trade them at the Singapore Algae Exchange (SAE) already...

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

Whoa, that's alot of algae...

Can trade them at the Singapore Algae Exchange (SAE) already...

The macroalgaes actually help my tank a lot... it is a great great way to export unwanted nutrients such as PO4 and NO3 especially during holiday times :lol:

Here's a pix of my unhealthy looking Red Gonio taken before my holidays... was upset at that time coz this piece has been with me for more than 5 months ;)

< Pix taken 16th September 2006 >

post-34-1159890467.jpg

Today, notice sign of recovery... i got a feeling the polyps will grow back just like before :)

Very happy coz not only that my tank survived 9 days without me... the corals are looking healthier than before :lol:

post-34-1159890604.jpg

Even the stubborn Pink Gonio I bought 3 weeks ago... is finally showing sign of opening... was discouraged by it before the trip :unsure: Now I just hope that the tentacles will continue to extend... :)

There could only be 2 reasons for the positive signs my Gonioporas are showing:

1) Large amount of macroalgae growth during my holidays

2) Tunze Filter so efficient it cleans the water so well... my corals are showing sign of happiness...

I think the Tunze Filter is doing a heck of a job and credit must go to it :bow:

post-34-1159890735.jpg