needlewheel skimmer

jun

marco needlewheel skimmer good a not? heard the needlewheel will wear out and the replacement is difficult to find as well as the needlewheel pump....if pump spoilt veri hard to find needlewheel type too.

should i use a Venturi weipro instead? no need to worry about needlewheel wear off ..and if pump spoilt...can easily get any pumps off the shelf.

so anyone can help mi to decide? im onli considerin weipro and marco. budget.

• SRC Member

hihi Jun ... wud u be interested in a red sea berlin classic venturi skimmer. I hv just upgraded my skimmer... if u r interested pm me...

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member
marco needlewheel skimmer good a not? heard the needlewheel will wear out and the replacement is difficult to find as well as the needlewheel pump....if pump spoilt veri hard to find needlewheel type too.

should i use a Venturi weipro instead? no need to worry about needlewheel wear off ..and if pump spoilt...can easily get any pumps off the shelf.

so anyone can help mi to decide? im onli considerin weipro and marco. budget.

Bro for replacement on parts for marco skimmer,u get easily get them from Bio-Ocean Aquarix/Technix under the sponsor forum..

i koe weipro is much cheaper than marco...then should i get a big weipro(bigger than required)...or a marco wif the same price as the big weipro..?

example.. with the same price... i can get a bigger capacity of weipro to a lower capacity needlewheel marco

• SRC Member

Hi June, big doesnt mean good. cos over-skimming can also remove your mineral from the water. ( pls correct me if i am wrong) :bow: SO far in term of affordability, i think marco has serve me well for the needle wheel 350 model for a 4 ft tank Maybe when i additional cash then up-grading will also be part of the hobby la....

Hi June, big doesnt mean good. cos over-skimming can also remove your mineral from the water. ( pls correct me if i am wrong) :bow: SO far in term of affordability, i think marco has serve me well for the needle wheel 350 model for a 4 ft tank Maybe when i additional cash then up-grading will also be part of the hobby la....

mine onli FOWLR...so it is ok to over skim the mineral of the water? btw ur needle wheel 350 cost how much??? the needlewheel wear off easily??