Accurist's Sea

accurist

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leftside of the sump:

Macro skimmer, which isn't very good thats two days wet skimate.

Kent FR running AquaZ Purephos and a bit of Kent reef carbon.

My lovely Tunze controller I picked up in Singapore, which is currently running only one 6000.

Resun MD-55 return pump.

post-34-1154402861.jpg

• SRC Member

Very interesting setup...how'd u end up with blue PVC tubes? :) Am liking the concept...very unique and not like most of the tanks we see these days. U mind explaining the setup...there seems to be two sump tanks...more info and pics would be great... ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

Blue PVC was all I could find in Bangkok :) Think I might paint the ones going to the chiller black to match the rest of the tank.

The sump is in two parts, but its only one sump. They two areas connect to each other. when I bought the tank it had no sump just two filters either side and a cabinet below. So i drilled the tank and placed the sump below and blocked off one of the side filters. The left filter now just acts as an overflow to the sump.

Its a cool tank, kind of 1970's Dr.No.

Very RETRO indeed... yeah agree with a bro... tanks in Singapore are getting more and more look-alike... love your overall concept!!! Show us more pix of your LS... and yes, start planning to upgrade the skimmer :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

LS is currently only two blue tangs and a blue chromis + three sicssor tail dartfish in the QT. But they are not going anywhere for a month.

Most of the corals are softies, with only a bubble, Cup and Hammer as LPS. Have three clams also.

My scraping is terrible and my coral placement leaves alot to be desired too, think i'm going to need some help. photos to come later today.

As for a skimmer, what can i fit in sump compartment that is 6W x 13L x 28H ?

Deltec 1205 is the only skimmer i can see that is going to fit between the baffles in the sump. any good?

Emm... the Deltec 1250 maybe a little under-rated for your tank... but do rest assured Deltec is one of the best in its class... I recently bought a MCE600 (hang-on type) from a reefer and I am totally impressed by it... the skimming is fantastic!!! Do drop by my tank thread (Percula 90) and you will see a lot of pictures of :sick::sick::sick: skimmates :lol:

So... yes, it will definitely perform better than your current skimmer :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Jervismum, I respect what you say alot, your the reason I'm very happy, and content with my Teco chiller.

But if you where me, and money no object (we come from the same school of thought) what skimmer would you choose to fit between my baffles?

Thats an open question...

And don't forget my top up device, if you read the thread...

I'll be in Singapore on Friday, to get my Thai visa sorted out.

Shopping time..

P.S Jervisum, i've ready all your posts... and that is saying something...

hmm. . how about replacing the macro skimmer with deltec851? :eyebrow:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

The deltec 851 can be placed outsump. Which means u can place beside ur chiller or something.

Alternatively, get a beckett.

u will be pleased with either skimmers.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

On the right side of the sump the water level changes, because I don't have an automatic top up device, will that not effect skimmer performance?

I live on Sukhumvit 31, most of my LS are from Phuket Aquarium and a few bits from JJ market. I don't know any other LFS in Bangkok.