D&C 4ft Tank

chercm

Looking at the position of the Tunze Stream 6200 and the scaping... I kinda understand why you were recommended a 6200 instead of smaller Streams. That's a good decision bro... I might do the same too for my tank as I might have trouble hiding all my 3 Streams (2 6000 + 1 6060).

Sometimes... we just have to listen to the expert :lol:

there's a reason why the sand is not flying.

Take a closer look at the sand bed, less than 1 inch.

from my own experience, tunze6060 is strong enuff to create a slight sand storm in a 4 feet tank. (Placement of tunze is same as bro chercm)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro what sand bed are you using? Any micro bubbles from the Beckett?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro what sand bed are you using? Any micro bubbles from the Beckett?

i think 2 packets of Grade 1 sand , 2 packets of live sand and one packet of shell

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

i think 2 packets of Grade 1 sand , 2 packets of live sand and one packet of shell

Oh so yours is a mixture... I'm thinking of going Ocean Nature Hawaiian and Australian Shells only... just 4 packets... very thin layer :P

Did you wash you sand with tap water? Or DI water?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Oh so yours is a mixture... I'm thinking of going Ocean Nature Hawaiian and Australian Shells only... just 4 packets... very thin layer :P

Did you wash you sand with tap water? Or DI water?

fresh water

Humble tank :

Equipment :

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-4959015524726927887&hl=en"> </embed>

Humble tank :

Equipment :

• SRC Member
<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-4959015524726927887&hl=en"> </embed>

looks profound.

new digital fish?

a very powerful set up :)

love the rock especially .

more pic.

more more.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

fresh water

Bro actually it is advisable to wash your Ocean Nature Aragonite with DI water... the reason u use aragonite is to avoid adding silicate into the tank... so by washing them using tap water, you are adding back the silicate into the mix ;)

new updates to my tank :

img0180lf5.jpg

img0177lg8.jpg

img0178kz9.jpg

img0179ph4.jpg

Humble tank :

Equipment :

Wah so nice!!! Are those transferred from old tank or u went coral shopping yesterday :lol:

Wah so nice!!! Are those transferred from old tank or u went coral shopping yesterday  :lol:

some transferred from my old tank and some bought from ah beng yesterday

Humble tank :

Equipment :

Quality water for my fishes .

i got this at AM

img0183ch8.jpg

img0184hq8.jpg

img0185gu7.jpg

Humble tank :

Equipment :

Quality water for my fishes .

i got this at AM

Hey... you are ahead of me again... I'm waiting for Steve to bring my set over :D

Saw it at AquaMarin... the damage is very light lah... more like a tiny pinch :P

Thanks bro for the link... ordered 2 sets!!! What a good bargain :lol: Can keep one for home use... :P

free tds meter..?? sure or not... :o

Hehe... only 17 sets left though :lol:

Bro,

Can pm me the price you paid for your tank?

Thanks

sorry bro if u need to know , pls call AM at 64842006 and ask for the price tag

Humble tank :

Equipment :

sorry bro if u need to know , pls call AM at 64842006 and ask for the price tag

Bro... that's a very precise answer :lol:

Is the Crystal+Pro running already? Do you know that you can drink the water? :lol: