ATI Threadwheel

acontia

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with less resistant from the thread it should be less then the given ratings on the pump 65watts or the 80watts from the 1262, i'm quite sure of that.

Actually quite true, that's why they manage to bring the Eheim 1260 (65W) down to 49W and extremely proud of it.

The Eheim 1262 is rated at 80W, there's no information yet as the actual power consumption minus the pressure/resistant from the Threadwheel. Let's say if they manage to do the same savings on the 1260, could it possibly be:

Eheim 1262

Original: 80W

Bubble Master version: 55W

Now that's really acceptable to me :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Very impressive!!! Yeah agree with you it will not be as easy as constructing a box and put in a pump... definitely a lot fine tuning involved... nice if you can help us out :lol: This will be my FIRST DIY project... a pretty ambitious one (for my standard) :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

oh ya... there's one thing that i might want try, but involves cutting or reboring the eheims pumps body on the outputs. there must be a reason y those DD/s cut them out to make them bigger. is it to allow more flow? and lees back pressure on the pumps and so saving on wattage?

so many Q but no answers. have to do more guessing again.. damn i hate it.

i just came across a bunch of baby's that need to be spoon fed. i don't think theres anything wrong getting reefers to do some reading, esp here in Singapore.... tons of info just too damn lazy to learn and read up it's to get everyone to learn more.

From the look of it... ain't cheap... but it's the learning I guess :)

• SRC Member

Not to forget you need to have the tools. Judging from some of the parts, you might need an oven to heat the acrylic and put it in a mould to get it to the desired shaped. And if you wan nice and smooth edges, a buffering machine can do wonders.. if we can go back to our sec. sch technical workshop and borrow their tools... <_<

Not to forget you need to have the tools. Judging from some of the parts, you might need an oven to heat the acrylic and put it in a mould to get it to the desired shaped. And if you wan nice and smooth edges, a buffering machine can do wonders.. if we can go back to our sec. sch technical workshop and borrow their tools... <_<

Yupe something like that... that's where a poly workshop comes real handy :lol:

heh guys

i don't have the break down cost. well some parts here and there but not the whole thing though.

acyrlic sheet 6mm 4x6 about $60-$100 if use different colours then must double up.

aquamedic PH 2000 about $200/pc with needle wheel the PH2500 with NW will cost even more.

piping,elbow, union about $30-$50

acryfix 192 $20-25/tube

weldon 4 about $10-15

chinese brush $0.50

syringe with needle about $2-3

PVC glue $2-4

i don't use any special tools like router or dremel.

my most reliable tools are

grinder, acrylic cutter the penknife type, ruler, pencil measuring tape hot air blower gun.

everything is hand made.... sigh. it would be sooo easy to just punch in numbers and code... then let the CNC do the cutting. everything would just come out perfect to the mm. :yeah:

this is the poor man fabrication and will have to do. :D

I don't think your hang-on skimmer should be called the MCE Clone... it's way better than that... I can see some improvements on current issues that I am facing with the Deltec MCE600:) Good work bro! Love the larger collection cup and the external pump... it's so hard (if not impossible) to service the pump right now ;)

I assume you are talking about the reaction on RC to the idea of you not providing the name of the material used on the wheel. I agree that there were some ugly things said. I myself have no problem reading and researching. It is a problem of not having the particular book you are referring. Also, I am not inclined to spend 20 plus dollars US to find out. The book is a fine reference point for someone getting started in reefing. I have past that stage 10 years ago. So I don't want to purchase a book that I have no need for.

I suppose that it was my fault since I posted pics of the material to find out if someone could identiy it. I had no intention of flaming when i did so, just saving money on a book purchase! I apologize..

smjtkj

don't need to apologize dude i'm cool. although i was a bit upset when i saw the thread, but not with u though. i've been in this hobby perhaps as long or longer then u, but due the fact that i collect books thats y i always buy new releases for reference. i believe that when u stop learning, then that's when u most likly to fall behind. i happen to do this for a leaving so maybe that's the differents, i need to be constantly updated on the change/progress and ideas that are always comming up. i guess it was just all a misunderstanding.

cheers

Ho

oh ya... welcome to the Singapore's way of reefing. might not be as colourful as RC but it's our way of getting together somewhere in cyberspace to share.

jervis

i do quick services on all my pumps by turning them on/off a few times. it might not be very good for some pumps but it works well for me.

ya... why MCE???

I NOW CALL IT........ ICU 101 (intensive care unit)

My previous post meant... the MCE600 pump is almost impossible to remove from the chamber. I think your version is good in terms of accessibility.

Why MCE? Well... I like the concept and also the straight pieces of acrylics. Don't think I can bend acrylics atm or do some mould or protrusion to achieve a circular chamber. Although they sell acrylic tubes, but there will be a lot more circular components involved. I think it can be a very interesting DIY project :)

ICU? Err... don't tell me your clone is up lorry already :lol::lol::lol:

jervis

ICU? Err... don't tell me your clone is up lorry already

i hope not sia. :cry: or else owner of the ICU 101 will put me into ICU ward too. :lol:

he's a big time gangster from HK, some triad dude. :lol::lol:

seems strange that DD don't think like the hobbiest. perhaps it's too much hassle and cost involve to create more user friendly stuff and profit margin would be compromise.

oh well....

i'll call ya soon.

i hope not sia. :cry: or else owner of the ICU 101 will put me into ICU ward too. :lol:

he's a big time gangster from HK, some triad dude. :lol::lol:

Thanks bro...

You know what? I always have this idea... if I'm a triad boss (possibly HK lah)... I'll have a tank full of Black Tips... and occasionally ordered my babes to struggle inside :lol::lol::lol:

u're really sick dude. i just don't believe u can say something like that.

i'm not as sick as u.... i'll prefer mine in a tank full of red belly pirahna.. wahhhaaa...hahahhaaa

oops so sorry everyone, just lost control of MYSELF. hope the censorship board don't see this. surely kenna censor sia... too gruesome