My Nano

monpire

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

erm... white prata is not really white in color as what you see.. white means bleach and is really unhealthy state of that prata.. don hide it or the prata wiil die sooner, is really in a crtical stage from what i see.. it might die eventually.. no white prata will remain white, they will turn brown when they are under light, which they are recovering, or they will die after sometimes.. good luck

Prata Kosong satu :D My new prata after 28 hrs in my tank...again bad photography skill... :cry:

hi monpire,

it is a very nice specimen.but careful that it had sufficient lighting or else red will become brown-red, then brown ...

maybe a FTS for all of us :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
erm... white prata is not really white in color as what you see.. white means bleach and is really unhealthy state of that prata.. don hide it or the prata wiil die sooner, is really in a crtical stage from what i see.. it might die eventually.. no white prata will remain white, they will turn brown when they are under light, which they are recovering, or they will die after sometimes.. good luck

Wah brother, sucha small tank with simple filtration and you make it look so good! Keep it up! But I guess you must have put in alot of hardwork, time and loving into the tank. What you lack in terms of sophiscated equipment you make up in terms of effort. cool tank! but play long already, you will feel itchy to buy bigger tank. hahahahha!

Anyway for the prata, white is actually a bad sign. In the ocean there's this kinda xooxethalae algae or something, don't know how to spell lar and it lives inside corals. So the corals are like a host and together they share a symbiotic relationship. Corals provide these algae protection, these algae when they photosynthesize will in turn provide the coral with food. So a brown coral is a good sign that the relationship is working out well.

just my 2cts from marine biology class.

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• SRC Member

Thanks hammy, taken your advice and currently considering the possibility of using 20K...must read up more before experimenting...hope I don't cook my corals...hahaha.

Marine biology class...Wow...lucky guy bro(Johntanjm), U get to study about your hobby...life is so unfair...I think what you have said is worth more than 2 cents...knowledge is priceless. Greatly appreciate and feel free to share your knowledge on this thread. :thanks:

Nice setup.

Just some comments. For a nano reef tank, it may be good to invest in a better external filter and protein skimmer to remove the organic waste.

I have never kept hammer or bubble corals etc for a long time. The last time I did, all eventually perished because I did not plan and manage it well. Is it easy to keep them? :lol:

• SRC Member
Thanks hammy, taken your advice and currently considering the possibility of using 20K...must read up more before experimenting...hope I don't cook my corals...hahaha.

Marine biology class...Wow...lucky guy bro(Johntanjm), U get to study about your hobby...life is so unfair...I think what you have said is worth more than 2 cents...knowledge is priceless. Greatly appreciate and feel free to share your knowledge on this thread. :thanks:

hahahaha! I tell you a funny story about marine biology class. So i had a chance to study in University of California Santa Cruz for a while and its located in the area where 2 of the world's most advanced marine labs are located. Monterey Bay Aquarium http://www.mbayaq.org/ as well as the Seymour Long Marine Lab http://www2.ucsc.edu/seymourcenter/ Very cool filtration system they have. they're located on a cliff beside the pacific ocean they have a big pump that pumps water from the pacific into their labs, and then old water is just drained back into the ocean.

Anyway, funny story i was so excited i thot i will learn about corals, reef fish, plankton and TMD they teach me about blue whale, shark, algae, sea otter, sea lion, dolphin, giant tube worm that live in underwater volcanoes, kelp, the scientific classificatoin of all that dont know what lar. Bascially anything that i cannot keep in my fish tank, they teach me abt it. haiz.

But that i found out thru my lectuers that there are actually real professional qualificatoins on aquarium management and it comes under aquacultre. So maybe if rich enough, who wants to join me, we fly to Taihitti and spend a summer studying aquaculture and aquarium management!

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• SRC Member

Ha Ha Ha...look on the bright side Bro, you can have a dolphin tank while the rest of us lack the know how...tome to upsize your tank...by alot... :D

Tahitti huh...okay, this is my plan...will start buying Toto...once I strike, we can both go there with the money...can even chio a few other reefers...than...we'll come back and monopolize the Reefing market of Singapore...Malaysia and South East Asia...Wah ha ha ha :evil: ...Sorry...too much work stress...

:cry2:

Spending on the prata is worth it. But y not get a canister, hang on skimmer and chiller. It's just a matter of time somethings happen without them. Damn watsed since u have very nice corals.

Cheers

sound like my set-up hahah :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• 2 months later...