How to remove this alge???

Helppppppp... :cry: Agle invading my sea bed and glass walls. There are those hairy green alge on the LR and on the glass walls are these brown ones. See attached pic.

I am tired of cleaning these alges off the glass walls every week, is there any NATURE ways of controlling these alges? I tried not to use chemicals on my tank.

I heard sea hare are good, are they really?

post-73-1155349280.jpg

• SRC Member

a few ways to mitigate the algae problem

reduce nitrate and phophate by reducing feeding and introducing phosphate remover via FR

use DI or distilled water mixed with synthetic salt to perform water changes

reduce lighting hours

increase water flow

introduce sea hare, they are quite ferocious eaters and frequently they will clean out everything and have nothing left to eat, then starve slowly. so maybe can pass on to someone else.

Warning sea hare frequently gets sucked into pump and die, so cannot have any strong pumps inside the tank itself.

:D

These alges only start blooming after I have added the white light to the tank, but I cannt remove that as I notice my corals are starving for light.

By the way what is FR??? Fusion Reactor???

Other than sea hare is there other marine creatures that I could keep to contain the alges problem?

Advice is very much appreciated.