Jacobus' Glass Box

jacobus

so what is a good guide that my fish is ready for the main tank ? my bt is feeding ... but i feel the lack of hiding spaces is stressing it out .. my sailfin isnt feeding yet .. i haven been home for a day and im not sure of the condition now..

I heard a Q period of 2 weeks is good... regardless if feeding or not... :unsure:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

2 weeks? if you really wanna Q, make it 4 weeks. by then you really can see is it really healthy or not.

You heard the expert... 4 weeks... so you can only buy 1 fish every 4 weeks... actually that should be the way :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

haha ... 4 weeks !? good idea actually ... so broke now ... best if i Q the fish longer .. haha .. would doing water change for the q tank stress the fish ?

my sailfin is still not feeding ... neither is my red clown goby .. blue tang is ok ... but he is picky... eat and spit ..

love my macro skimmer ... :wub:

Emm... I sense update :D

• SRC Member

?? how u know ??

update .. got a unique tomato clown from IWARNA ... i noe im not supposed to get fishes just yet ... but i couldnt help it .. its the first time i saw a tomato with 2 stripes and i had to get it ... i always thought that the advert on animal planet with the 2 striped tomato and red anemone was fake ... lol looks like i was wrong ..

bad news is that my QT tank got wiped out by itch overnight ...

my sailfin was found kissing the pump intake and my blue tang was dead the next morning .... spots all over them ... no scratching noticed. was puzzled untill i saw my red clown goby .. terminal stages of itch. spots on gills... thought that it may have been the culprit since he is always hiding ... i never really looked at him much ... (sad thing is that he was begining to feed ... :cry2: )

noted that the 2 stripe tomato was not put into the QT as i did not want to risk infection

the QT is still up coz the clown goby is still fighting the itch... i did a water change but did not FW dip the clown goby as i fear that it would not be able to handle the stress ... dunno what to do with it ....

so darn demoralised right now ... dun think i will try tangs ready ... they just dont seem fated for me ... mebbe small tangs are destined to be in the sea instead of my tank..

the only saving grace to keep me going now is my gorgeous little clown ..

LS will be put on hold for the moment as i will focus on modifying my t5-NO set to HO. although right now all my corals are happy with the current lighting .. but will mod it for the better well being of my LS.

after which i might invest in a FR to reduce the phos level which is giving a lot of problems .. but all this is dependant on whether i can get a part time job ( im holidaying now .. anyone hiring part-timers ?? )

• SRC Member
ewwww, is it a death or live chromis? :(

haha .. its alive ... just happens to turn when i took the photo .. haha turned out to be an interesting shot ... haha ... my ummm can someone help me ID this clown ?

closest i got was oman anemonefish

dsc0031nq4.jpg

can someone help me ID this clown ? closest i got was oman anemonefish

Bro I think that fish is simply known as Tomato Anemonefish :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1158413096.jpg

nice tomato clown bro.....fyi the white line will disappear when it grow bigger coz i have one abt nearly a yr the white line is gone....

That explains the whole confusion... :bow: