Jacobus' Glass Box

jacobus

thanks bro dominik for ur input ... i was wondering ... do LW's dig into the sand at night? would they shift corals ? coz i used to have a dragon wrasse tt loved to move my smaller zoo frags ..

My late Leopard Wrasse (Maldives) stay in the sand bed at night... didn't notice it moving objects... oh I miss it so much :erm:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

ya .... put they have a super nice personality ... miss mine so much ... can i cant bear to let it mess up my corals .. i could hand feed the little bugger with small pieces of prawn .. then after that the stomach would be HUGE.... hmm .. after some research ... LW seems to be a difficult creature to keep ... dunno if i can .. :(

LW is not that hard actually, mine struggled with the SixLine for more than a month... obviously damn stress but still pops up every now and then... even now... I have no idea if it is actually still alive... from experience (with other bros) I think they are very much dependent on shipment. If they come unhealthy... that's it... doomed no matter what you do :erm:

Still a dream to me... I wanna find a pair of Maldives LW :) (Male and female have very different distinct patterns)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

haha ... cant afford the maldives variant ... only can get the common kind ... hopefully .. a black one if possible .. are they really tt easy ? liveaquaria puts them in the expert category ...

• SRC Member

haha get ah .. where got little sand ??... can go together .. but im worried abt my plate or any other corals i want to put on the SB .. when the LW sleeps wont it send up a cloud of sand ??

haha get ah .. where got little sand ??... can go together .. but im worried abt my plate or any other corals i want to put on the SB .. when the LW sleeps wont it send up a cloud of sand ??

The sand storm is very minor... they do shoot in like a bullet... not like some clumsy tree log :lol: Oh I forgot! My sand bed is purely Puka Shell!!! No fine sand for them to retreat in at night :( No LW for me :erm:

• SRC Member
few ... ??? i get get u a stack ... :evil::evil::evil: haha ... will u be studying at the airport this week ? i can pass to u ... u want the connected kind ? or every hole disconnected kind .. sorry ah .. forgot the name?

think its my cam .. using d-SLR ... sun really know how to use ... haha

haha not this week i think. i got a DnD to attend this sat evening. will be like really rushed if i do go down to mug at the airport. haha..

i am looking at that kind that you are using. so is that disconnected or disconnected?? haha..

thanx bro!

• SRC Member

came home to two mishaps ....

my plate stung my branched gonio ... 2 branches .. now left with only one ... broke off the dying branch...

seem to have no luck with the zebrasoma family ... first my sailfin then now my scopas ... both fell in love with my seio ... tried to kiss it ... end up with the kiss of death ... scopas still alive ... but dying ... one side sunken with eyeball almost sucked out ... considering euthanasia ..

came home to two mishaps ....

my plate stung my branched gonio ... 2 branches .. now left with only one ... broke off the dying branch...

seem to have no luck with the zebrasoma family ... first my sailfin then now my scopas ... both fell in love with my seio ... tried to kiss it ... end up with the kiss of death ... scopas still alive ... but dying ... one side sunken with eyeball almost sucked out ... considering euthanasia ..

Oh man... deeply sadden by your losts... the horror of a fish losing its eye balls :o Can post a pix?...

Perhaps you want to rethink on how to create flow without endangering your fishes... it is funny how a SEIO can suck a Tang... perhaps they are already not doing well... floating around the SEIO and got sucked?

• SRC Member

i actually think the fault lies partially with me .. for picking the smallest specmen instead of the healthier ones .. that little one seemed a little thin... but i was so mesmorised by its tiny size tt i chose it over the larger ones .. thanks for your kind offer bro waner ... but i think i'll wait a while until i regain some confidence on keeping zebrasomas .. but if ah beng brings in more 1 - 2 in desjadini sailfins ... i will try them out again ... but meanwhile .. im still comtemplating on the LW ... if not i'll just wait my tank out .. till my TBT is stable ..

any suggestions on the safety part ??

will post the pics tml night ... abit depressed to post them right now ..

Ok lah... understand the feeling... post tomorrow and let us share your pain :pinch: Perhaps your tank needs a bit more time to settle down... :unsure:

yea ... i agree to tt .. mebbe i should limit to 1 LS or coral a week ....

was thinking ... yellow tang or desjardini sailfin ... ?? when i have enuff courage tt is ...

Don't think too much... wait till the time is right... then go shopping and buy the Tang that is the most healthy and of the right size :lol:

• SRC Member

the poor bugger is still fighting to live ... i wonder how many percent of survival does it have ... really considering euthanasia now .. should i ? haiz ... want to give it a chance ... but dun want it to suffer ..

oh yeah .. just remembered abt this ... did u know .. that marine biologists predict that in the near future 75 % of the great barrier reef will be bleached ?