Black Tip Shark

kenny, thanks for the useful information. It was a good read. :)

let me go find a 20 feet fibre glass tank and update u guys again.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in for keeping sharks in the sea where they belong. i think LFS selling sharks are just in for the money bcos sharks in tanks is indeed a signal of one's status in high strata. it's like having a show car to show on the road.

a shark is that one fish that all people know.

altho im a noob, i still believe sharks are best left in the sea or showtanks of at least 3000-4000g. just my 0.02 cents

Saw 2 specimens at CF yesterday :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Anyone knows where can i get a black tip shark?

Any information about their feeding habits?

You can feed this shark 2 times per day.....each time 2 or 3 fishy.....you can use goldfish (sorry for goldfish lover) or any other bigger size fish to feed it, but be make sure that those fishy must be in slow movement(can't swim fast) cause if you feed your shark with Koi fishy, i can bet your shark will hammer your tank while chasing them. And this incident will cause injury on the shark nose.

Temp around 25 Celcius and sufficient lighting(skin vitamins) will perform a good health of your fish. And becareful of your nitrate, it's can be easily of level up.

Note * For smaller size of shark, you need to train them in food feeding since it's teeth is small and tiny. For size like 1.5, becareful a bit. Their teeth can cut your pump electrical wyre away. :P

• SRC Member

You can feed this shark 2 times per day.....each time 2 or 3 fishy.....you can use goldfish (sorry for goldfish lover) or any other bigger size fish to feed it, but be make sure that those fishy must be in slow movement(can't swim fast) cause if you feed your shark with Koi fishy, i can bet your shark will hammer your tank while chasing them. And this incident will cause injury on the shark nose.

Temp around 25 Celcius and sufficient lighting(skin vitamins) will perform a good health of your fish. And becareful of your nitrate, it's can be easily of level up.

Note * For smaller size of shark, you need to train them in food feeding since it's teeth is small and tiny. For size like 1.5, becareful a bit. Their teeth can cut your pump electrical wyre away. :P

eh i think using live goldfish abit exp leh and they cant survive in salt water very long .. if they die inside without the shark knowing then u will have trouble getting that little guy out.

y not juz go to the market buy some small nasi lemak fish ... use a string and tie it to the mounth.. use a knife make a cut it in and it the blood flow... then wiggle that fishy around... SHARK SMELLS BLOOD sure wack like there is no tomorrow ... haha

juz using my imagination dunno whether it will work :lol:

From the websites that southpaw posted, it seems that its best to feed the sharks 2-3 times a week as they are irregular eaters anyway. Overfeeding is not recommended. Goldfish is a no-no. . a preferred diet wld be squid or like wad bro ben said, nasi lemak fish.

who has a 20 ft pond? lol

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

Just view some fibre glass tanks earlier. . biggest i can find is about 8 feet to 10 feet, width 3 feet, height 2.5 feet. . seems like an idea for stingrays and sharks.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
Just view some fibre glass tanks earlier. . biggest i can find is about 8 feet to 10 feet, width 3 feet, height 2.5 feet. . seems like an idea for stingrays and sharks.

NOT BIG ENOUGH! :angry:

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

NOT BIG ENOUGH! :angry:

opps. . sorry kenny. .

maybe one of those ponds at iwarna wld be big enuff. . :P

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
My friends black tip tank in Bangkok is about 15 x 5 x 4 and the two sharks still don't look overly happy. :(

they are sharks afterall ... unless u have a house big enough to build a tank like what wisma (at orchard) have ... i dont think they will be happy. i think they need an extremely long surface area is swim around

• SRC Member
sorry, if i didnt guess wrongly, accurist friend tank is much bigger then the one in wisma. its a super huge tank. he got those sharks for over 2 years right?

WAT THE ... oh man he is freaking rich right...

bro accurist u do happen to have a pic of your friend's tank ? i did like to see it ... wahha can go diving or snorkling inside man :lol:

The only pictures i have with me are of the sharks themselves and not great photos.

The tank is at a nightclub on Soi 4 Sukhumvit. If anyone is really intrested I could take you in during the day. If i get time i'll go take some photos of the setup. It's probably longer than 15 foot.

post-54-1155725984.jpg

oh man. . . no one can really own a shark at home after all. . who has a fifteen footer tank? :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

see that pic i just post, it longer then 15 ft and its at his house. although not in singapore.

got bigger pic?

cant see properly. . :heh:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor: